Rock your body
Katherine Schwarzenegger does the book fair
You won't catch Katherine Schwarzenegger on the latest fad diet. Been there, ate that. The daughter of Maria Shriver and Arnold Schwarze- negger talks all about her strug- gles with weight in Rock What You've Got (Hyperion, $22.99), which she'll discuss at 4 p.m. Sunday at Miami Book Fair International. Rock's main message is directed to young girls who don't necessarily fit the size-2 mold seen in magazines and on screen. "It's unrealistic to compare yourself to models, who are most of the time airbrushed," says the 20-year-old USC student.
"It's really important to know what is and isn't real." A recent example of someone taking things to the extreme is Disney star Demi Lovato, who entered rehab for body image issues. ‘‘She's in an industry where that's all anyone focuses on," says Schwarzenegger, whose favorite splurge is cereal. "It's a lot of pressure to always be thinking about how you look on the outside, every single day." The California governor's daughter considers herself lucky that her upbringing was different.
"My parents are an amazing support system," she says. And does your ex-body building dad ever want you to pump it up in the weight room? "Oh no, he's never critical," she says. "He tells you when when you're doing something wrong and how to correct it -- it's in a more educational way."
On Our Radar
- Gloria Estefan to lead Q&A
- CSI Miami star Omar Miller talks Weekend Fix
- Dwyane Wade getting ready for A Night on the Runwade
- Mr. Olympia Phil Heath gives diet and exercise tips before the holidays
- Pharrell can't sell his Miami condo
- Supermodel Elle Macpherson at opening of Stripsteak
- Eric Trump marries in Palm Beach
- Miami actor Carlos Ponce stays busy
- Jersey Belle star Jaime Sullivan in Miami
- Shireen Sandoval named 'Deco Drive' cohost