ROCK Fashion Week
Need a fashion fix? Then get to the Eden Roc this week for four nights of runway fashion shows.
Eden Roc, A Renaissance Beach Resort & Spa
4525 Collins Avenue
Miami Beach, 33140
By Solange Reyner
Need a fashion fix? Then get to the Eden Roc this week for four nights of runway shows. ROCK Fashion Week Miami is hosting the event from October 14-17th, with designers Russell Simmons, Birgit C. Muller, Arianne, and others unveiling their spring/summer 2010 collection.
It all starts this Wednesday with a cocktail party at 6:30. Following drinks, you can watch Dennis Rodman, Shireen Sandoval (Deco Drive), Lissette Gonzalez (CBS4), and other South Florida personalities walk the runway for the The Pink Dress Collection. We're not sure what Rodman is going to be wearing, but it's sure worth the wait.
The whole theme here is to enjoy the ambiance.
"The whole process around ROCK Fashion is intermingling music with fashion," said Scott Rosenblum, CEO of Rock Media and Entertainment.
It's no cost to you - but we suggest RSVPing quickly, because there are a limited number of seats. Send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Here's the lineup:
Wednesday, October 14
6:30-8:30 - Gen Art Cocktail Party
9 p.m. - The Pink Dress Collection benefitting Susan G. Komen for the Cure
10 p.m. - Argyleculture by Russell Simmons
11 p.m. - Argyleculture by Russell Simmons After Party hosted by designer Russell Simmons
Thursday, October 15
7 p.m. - Lorie Lester
8 p.m. - Ra Mona La Rue by Arianne
9 p.m. - KRELwear
10 p.m. - KRELwear After Party hosted by designer Karelle Levy
Friday, October 16
7 p.m. - Ella Bella
8 p.m. - Birgit C Muller Couture
9 p.m. - Bullets 4 Peace
10 p.m. - Birgit C Muller Couture After Party hosted by Special Guest
Saturday, October 17
7 p.m. - Billion Dollar Britches
8 p.m. - Surprise Designer presented by Elle Magazine
9 p.m. - biatta Intimates
10 p.m. Elle Magazine After Party
See and Do
- Accessible Art: Caribbean-centric exhibition by Haitian artist, Locust Projects wins first NEA grant, and is the Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale expanding?
- Munchkin Fun's 22 fun things to do with the kids Dec 16-21
- 'We Will Rock You' is a guilty pleasure for Queen fans
- Cheech and Chong perform this Sunday at the Hard Rock Live
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Dec. 13-15
- 'Making God Laugh' mines sobering truths
- Found Footage Festival keeps videotape alive
- ‘We Will Rock You’ is built on Queen’s flamboyant rock music
- Accessible Art: Art Basel sets attendance record, color in time and space with Carlos Cruz-Diez, and the Bakehouse Art Complex builds first public metal-casting foundry
- Munchkin Fun's 22 fun things to do with the kids Dec 9-14