Rocco DiSpirito brings the HEAT
At Wednesday night's Heat game, you'll see more action than the three kings doing their thing. Chef Rocco DiSpirito will be in the house to help us whet our appetites for the South Beach Wine & ...
At Wednesday night's Heat game, you'll see more action than the three kings doing their thing. Chef Rocco DiSpirito will be in the house to help us whet our appetites for the South Beach Wine & Food Festival.
DiSpirito doesn't mind sitting on the sidelines but don't look for him dribbling out there. ``I love watching those incredibly talented giants,'' he says, ``but I'm one of those guys who spent his nights working so I was never really able to get into sports on any kind of serious level.''
Of course -- Rocco's talents lie in the kitchen, where he'll be cooking up a storm on Thanksgiving. On the menu: deep fried turkey.
``It's amazing -- you throw this thing in a 40-quart pot of boiling oil and it comes out absolutely delicious in 40 minutes, not four hours.''
Nothing else too fancy.
``I'm not going to mess up this year,'' says DiSpirito, who turns 44 on Friday. ``I'm going to set myself up for success. I'll just try not to dry out the bird or blow up the house.''
Congrats to Coral Springs resident Katelynn Draper. The 18-year-old dancer bagged $5,000 and a future spot on MTV. The contest was to promote Burlesque, which opens Nov. 24.
The film stars Cher as an owner of a failing dance club and Christina Aguilera as the young woman who helps save the place with her sexy moves.
-- MADELEINE MARR
On Our Radar
- A look at Pitbull's style evolution
- The 5 most affordable ways to get around South Beach
- Draya Michele debuts Mint Swim collection in Miami, shows off curves at the beach
- What Adrienne Bailon wears to the beach
- Carlos Ponce: I would never run for president
- Emma Roberts: I need to visit Miami more often
- Pitbull makes Miami look good in 'Sexy Beaches' video
- 7 cool booths to visit at Agenda Miami
- 5 ways Colombians in Miami celebrated their independence day
- 5 Things We Loved at Premios Juventud