Rocco DiSpirito brings the HEAT
At Wednesday night's Heat game, you'll see more action than the three kings doing their thing. Chef Rocco DiSpirito will be in the house to help us whet our appetites for the South Beach Wine & ...
At Wednesday night's Heat game, you'll see more action than the three kings doing their thing. Chef Rocco DiSpirito will be in the house to help us whet our appetites for the South Beach Wine & Food Festival.
DiSpirito doesn't mind sitting on the sidelines but don't look for him dribbling out there. ``I love watching those incredibly talented giants,'' he says, ``but I'm one of those guys who spent his nights working so I was never really able to get into sports on any kind of serious level.''
Of course -- Rocco's talents lie in the kitchen, where he'll be cooking up a storm on Thanksgiving. On the menu: deep fried turkey.
``It's amazing -- you throw this thing in a 40-quart pot of boiling oil and it comes out absolutely delicious in 40 minutes, not four hours.''
Nothing else too fancy.
``I'm not going to mess up this year,'' says DiSpirito, who turns 44 on Friday. ``I'm going to set myself up for success. I'll just try not to dry out the bird or blow up the house.''
Congrats to Coral Springs resident Katelynn Draper. The 18-year-old dancer bagged $5,000 and a future spot on MTV. The contest was to promote Burlesque, which opens Nov. 24.
The film stars Cher as an owner of a failing dance club and Christina Aguilera as the young woman who helps save the place with her sexy moves.
-- MADELEINE MARR
On Our Radar
- Rick Ross celebrates 10 years of 'Port of Miami'
- 5 reasons why everyone should watch Premios Tu Mundo
- Ricky Martin in Miami Beach with Maluma
- Armand Assante remembers 'Mambo Kings' premiere
- Zika cases found in Miami Beach, pregnant women warned to stay away by CDC
- Kanye West's Life of Pablo pop up shop in Miami
- Miami hurdler Brianna Rollins rules!
- Disney princess Aimee Carrero a Miami girl
- Are Anna Kournikova and Enrique Iglesias married?
- 6 things to do so you don't get Zika