Robotic 'Bottle Fairies' deliver Champagne, a Peruvian party at HaVen, and a mobile art studio in Wynwood
Sip vintage Champagne at Set, party your way to Peru at HaVen, and combine drinking with painting at The Butcher Shop
It's hard impressing the been there, done that crowd, which is why on Friday night, SET, 320 Lincoln Rd., will debut the “Bottle Fairy," which will sweep down via a robotic zipline, delivering Piper-Heidsieck Rare 2002 and Rosé Sauvage to jaded, so-called VIPs.DJ’s Manufactured Superstars will spin. To partake in this grandiose display of conspicuous consumption featuring vintage gold crowned Piper-Heidsieck Rare and two bottles of the Rosé Sauvage -- cost $1,795 plus tax and tip or for voyeurs, $30 just to watch, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
All Jazzed Up
In anticipation of mid-November's Sixth Annual Sunny Isles Beach Jazz Festival, Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach is throwing a swellegant kickoff party from 8 to 11 p.m. Friday, Nov. 15 at its Piazzetta Marketplace & Restaurant, 17875 Collins Ave. Liz Sharp & Friends will provide the jazz soundtrack for the evening and a three-course prix fixe dinner at $65 per person. Those who aren't into a big dinner can pay $25 for bar seating where sushi and other food will be available. Those who opt for the prix fixe and have a MasterCard get a free glass of wine. For tickets, call 855-780-2063 or visit sunnyislesbeachmiami.com.
Shakers and Stirred
There are movers and shakers and then there are The Shakers, the young international members of the Museum of Contemporary Art, whose annual Mystery Dates affair is one of the season's hottest tickets because you get to eat dinner in houses owned by people who'd probably normally never let you inside. Kicking off this year's big event, which falls on February 1, is a Shaker-stirred cocktail party from 7 to 9 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 21 at Radio Bar, 814 1st St.There will be Mandarine Napoleon cocktails, music by DJs Ess and Emm and discounted Mystery Date tickets. But that's not all! Shakers will also receive passes to the big Art Basel Miami Beach fairs and events that non-Shakers may not be able to go to. To learn more about being a MOCA Shaker and about Mystery Dates, visit mocanomi.org or call 305-893-6211.
South Beach resident Maris Bish's pop-up art studio, Bottle & Bottega, plans to appear from 6 to 9 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 20 at The Butcher Shop, 175 NW 23rd St. There, barflies will learn how to paint. The mobile art and wine studio will lead you on a hands-on painting tutorial led by a professional art instructor. You walk away buzzed and with an original piece of work whose name you won't have to remember. Register here.
Connecticut's nu-funk quintet Kung Fu kicks into town for a show at 8 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 16 at Fort Lauderdale's veritable Culture Room, 3045 N. Federal Highway. The band's sound has been described as a "unique brand of lethal 70s-style funk mixed with EDM ideology." Trippy. No, wait. Funky. Tickets are $12 in advance or $15 at the door. To hear their latest single, go to soundcloud.com/kungfutunes. For more information, go to cultureroom.net.
Even though fashion shows in Miami are as ubiquitous as professional athlete scandals, not all are for the benefit of others. Monc Boutique, 7222 Red Rd. in South Miami is throwing a benefit from 6 to 9 p.m. Thursday, Nov. 21 to benefit Becca's Closet, a non profit that provides formal dresses for young women in need. In addition to the fashion show, there will be free hair styling by SoBlo Blowdry Bar, music by DJ Nelson Cabrera, food by Carmen & Lola and 2 Girls and a Cupcake and more. Event is free and open to the public. RSVP to http://eepurl.com/Imiub.
Since HaVen Gastro-Lounge (and Huahua's Taqueria) chef Todd Erickson has been tapped to serve as a culinary ambassador in a South Florida Meets Peru Chef Collaboration along with esteemed Peruvian chef Pedro Miguel Schiaffino of Malabar fame to celebrate Jet Blue Airways' new nonstop service from Fort Lauderdale to Lima, it only makes sense that on Saturday, Nov. 16, the hot spot at 1237 Lincoln Rd. takes a decidedly Peruvian theme. Destination Lima will transport party people to the South American hot spot via the digital wrap around walls and servers dressed as flight attendants -- not Jet Blue ones, per se, but you get the gist. There will also be Avion (heh) Tequila specials all night long. Even better, JetBlue will raffle off five sets of round trip travel vouchers to Peru every hour from 10 to 3 a.m. There's no cover, but send an email to RSVP@havenlounge.com or call 305-987-8885 to reserve a table. Items from the collaboration menu will also be offered for a limited time at Haven starting on Dec. 1.
- Velvet Underground: Vinyl fever returns on Record Store Day, LA-based dark glam opera band 'Timur and the Dime Museum' plays for The Miami Light Project, and go retro with famed drag queen Elaine Lancaster at Miami Bingo Bash
- Velvet Underground: Heavyweight champion Shannon "The Cannon" Briggs hosts fight night at Wonderland, Cuban hip hopper Danay Suarez plays North Beach, Alberto Cabrera's Bread + Butter launches happy hour
- Velvet Underground: Gratis Champagne at Duffy's in North Miami Beach, Adoré Nightclub brings Vegas to South Beach, and yoga to soothe an over-partied soul at The Standard
- Velvet Underground: Pablo Picasso's grandson spins at Bâoli for WMC, Perfecto Gastrobar throws a party for Spanish dignitaries, hipsters converge at Lulu Laboratorium in Wynwood, and escape the EDM at The Cabaret
- Velvet Underground: Miami's Latin-funk pioneers perform at Tobacco Road for 20th anniversary, E11even in downtown Miami hosts happy hour, find your way into the hottest WMC parties, and Swine celebrates one year with a $2 Old Fashioned
- Velvet Underground: Floral couture with Kalla Flowers in Coral Gables, Hearts and Stars Gala at Terra Veritatis mansion, Cuban zeitgeist, and free Guinness at the Delano on St. Patty's Day
- Velvet Underground: The World Golf Championships hits Doral, MO Bar + Lounge opens at the Mandarin Oriental with cocktails by Angelo Vieira, OTC's Jacob Anaya cooks up a feast with Wynwood Brewing Co., and the Oscars of drag at Score
- Velvet Underground: Spa party at the Viceroy, Chaos Cooking comes to Miami, Spam Allstars drop a new album, and Sunday funday at The Broken Shaker
- Velvet Underground: The Dead Rabbit pops up at Patpong Road, The Stage launches 3-2-1 Lounge, Chippendales extends its visit, and Eats N Beats in the Design District
- Velvet Underground: Valentine's Day parties takeover nightlife at Baoli, the W Fort Lauderdale, Tobacco Road, the Delano, and more