Rob Lowe talks Brat Pack days
If you’re a fan of ’80s stars, Rob Lowe’s upcoming autobiography Stories I Only Tell My Friends (Holt, $26) is for you. In the memoir, the 47-year-old actor ...
If you’re a fan of ’80s stars, Rob Lowe’s upcoming autobiography Stories I Only Tell My Friends (Holt, $26) is for you. In the memoir, the 47-year-old actor — who now stars in Parks & Recreation — dishes on the members of the so-called Brat Pack.
Lowe had enormous respect for Swayze, describing him “as cool as you want, wearing tight jeans and a tattered, sleeveless Harley-Davidson T-shirt revealing his massive, ripped arms. (This is his uniform, he never changes it, and if I looked like him, neither would I).”
Lowe recalls Dillon as extremely charismatic: “He is relaxed and confident,’’ Lowe writes of the actor. “He can just stand there and the cameras love him.’’
Cruise was always focused — like a “laser.’’ Polite, too.
Coppola was “an enigma.” “He’s always pleasant and clearly wants the best for me and everyone else on his crew, but he is also aloof and can play favorites.’’
The father of two, who has had his share of scandals including a sex tape with an underage girl, also writes of his numerous conquests. A few include Melissa Gilbert, Princess Stephanie and famed Iran Contra era secretary Fawn Hall, whom he contacted after watching the Oliver North trial.
Even Charlie Sheen gets some ink. Lowe calls his old pal a “one of a kind,’’ and “a wonderful mix of nerd … and rebel.”
To read passages of the book, out April 26, go to vanityfair.com. Lowe is the May cover boy.
On Our Radar
- Wilmer Valderrama will judge Calle Ocho fashion show
- John Turturro to be honored at MIFF
- Cadillac V-series Challenge puts pro golfers, VIPs on the fast track at Homestead-Miami Speedway
- Oprah's Fisher Island home sells again
- Shirley MacLaine to appear at Miami International Film Fest
- Beckhams won't move into Versace mansion
- Celeb spotting: Prime 112 sees a lot of action
- Kim Kardashian's ex husband sells home
- Boca Raton sixth-grader has dog shampoo in Oscars bag
- Chef Fabio Viviani shows off kitchen skills