Roach-A-Vieja! Gloria Estefan's Cardozo Bar & Grill ordered shut by state inspectors
State inspectors find 41 violations
It seems that humans aren't the only ones doing the conga at the Estefan-owned Cardozo Bar and Grill on Ocean Drive, ordered shut by state inspectors after a chart topping 41 violations were discovered. Among them - rodent activity, rodent droppings and roach activity.
Before you go burn your Gloria Estefan CDs, take note that neither she nor her husband manage or operate the restaurant. Frank Amadeo, president of Estefan Enterprises, issued a statement to Channel 10, saying: “Estefan Enterprises does not manage or operate The Cardozo Bar & Grill, which is leased to a third party. Nonetheless we take the issue of health and safety very seriously. As soon as we became aware of the Health Department's concerns, we demanded that our tenant immediately correct the issues, which they did. The health inspector returned to the property the following morning and determined that the restaurant was in compliance and reopened it."
- La Mar by Gastón Acurio opens at Mandarin Oriental, Miami on Wednesday, March 19
- The Downstairs at Hotel Astor resurfaces on March 14
- Ex-China Grill, Lantao Kitchen chef Ferdinand Ortiz Jr. named Mister Collins' new Executive Chef
- Ex Preservation chef Ryan Harrison heads up Giorgio Rapicavoli's Taperia Raca; menu here>>
- Tommy Hilfiger is buying, redoing The Raleigh; no comment from Michael Schwartz on restaurant's fate
- Carla Pellegrino's Touché Rooftop Lounge & Restaurant opening April 3
- The Villa by Barton G relaunches restaurant as Il Sole
- Java junkies! Tell us about your incurable coffee addiction & win a Keurig Special Edition Brewing System
- Bâoli does Omakase
- Hot sauce, happy hour & pinatas with free stuff at Huahua's Taqueria