Roach-A-Vieja! Gloria Estefan's Cardozo Bar & Grill ordered shut by state inspectors
State inspectors find 41 violations
It seems that humans aren't the only ones doing the conga at the Estefan-owned Cardozo Bar and Grill on Ocean Drive, ordered shut by state inspectors after a chart topping 41 violations were discovered. Among them - rodent activity, rodent droppings and roach activity.
Before you go burn your Gloria Estefan CDs, take note that neither she nor her husband manage or operate the restaurant. Frank Amadeo, president of Estefan Enterprises, issued a statement to Channel 10, saying: “Estefan Enterprises does not manage or operate The Cardozo Bar & Grill, which is leased to a third party. Nonetheless we take the issue of health and safety very seriously. As soon as we became aware of the Health Department's concerns, we demanded that our tenant immediately correct the issues, which they did. The health inspector returned to the property the following morning and determined that the restaurant was in compliance and reopened it."
- Chef Jeremiah & Roel Alcudia team up on gastroDobo, a 1-night Filipino pop-up in Wynwood
- GK Bistronomie bringing 'globally inspired Peruvian' cuisine to Wynwood
- Habit Burger opens in Miami, donates first-week proceeds to charity
- 'Chopped' champ Mathias Gervais opening modern Asian restaurant at The Setai
- Morimoto closing Sept. 30 in South Beach
- For the first time, a woman runs the kitchen at The Forge in Miami Beach
- Marion Miami restaurant gets set to open in Brickell
- Dinner Lab hosts Miami meal with gin pairings on Aug. 25
- Miami restaurateur Michael Schwartz faces federal lawsuit alleging employee mistreatment
- Wynwood Diner opens this weekend in Miami