Roach-A-Vieja! Gloria Estefan's Cardozo Bar & Grill ordered shut by state inspectors
State inspectors find 41 violations
It seems that humans aren't the only ones doing the conga at the Estefan-owned Cardozo Bar and Grill on Ocean Drive, ordered shut by state inspectors after a chart topping 41 violations were discovered. Among them - rodent activity, rodent droppings and roach activity.
Before you go burn your Gloria Estefan CDs, take note that neither she nor her husband manage or operate the restaurant. Frank Amadeo, president of Estefan Enterprises, issued a statement to Channel 10, saying: “Estefan Enterprises does not manage or operate The Cardozo Bar & Grill, which is leased to a third party. Nonetheless we take the issue of health and safety very seriously. As soon as we became aware of the Health Department's concerns, we demanded that our tenant immediately correct the issues, which they did. The health inspector returned to the property the following morning and determined that the restaurant was in compliance and reopened it."
- Coya Miami opening Thursday, February 19
- 3.5 star review can't keep 27 open; Broken Shaker, restaurant shut temporarily at Freehand
- Wynwood Diner opening in March
- Chef Jeremiah opening in Aventura Mall & joining Grant Achatz's restaurant rez system Tock
- BREAKING: Hedy Goldsmith leaving The Genuine Hospitality Group, relocating to LA
- STK's 'more accessible' sibling STK Rebel opening in downtown Miami
- Crumb on Parchment alum Nicole Votano tapped as Fooq's executive chef
- Chef Art Smith is giving away #101GayWeddings at James Royal Palm during #SOBEWFF
- Lucky Strike bowling lanes on Miami Beach closes; Trader Joe's moving in?
- Armadillo Cafe to open in Boca Raton