Riviera Focacceria Italiana opens in midtown Miami
Italian owners, Italian chef at new Shops of Midtown spot.
Riviera Focacceria Italiana
3252 NE First Ave., Miami
Hours: Lunch and dinner daily
Prices: Focaccia $1.50-$3, pasta $13-$19
Riviera Focacceria Italiana is now open in the Shops of Midtown in Miami, offering fresh focaccia and homemade pastas typical of the Liguria region of Italy.
The restaurant serves lunch and dinner daily from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m., said Fabio Domenichini, a restaurateur from Genova who co-owns the restaurant with Fabrizio Forciniti. Both partners also have restaurants in Italy: Domenichini’s in Genova, Forciniti’s in Milan.
Riviera Focacceria serves original focaccia Genovese, plain or with toppings like zucchini, peppers, potatoes, eggplant, tomatoes and Taggiasca olives, each priced from $1.50 to $3. The restaurant also offers at least six kinds of fresh homemade pasta each day, from $13 to $19, Domenichini said.
“We brought chef Massimo Travaglini from Genova to reproduce our dishes with the best quality possible,” he said.
- Now open: Coconut Grove's Spasso--"Simple, honest, brutal food"
- Food Network UK star Andy Bates brings "refined British pub food" to A&E District with 3-day pop up
- Blair Wilson, Mike Isabella, Jennifer Carroll, George Pagnois headline Surfcomber food fest
- The Bridge Cocktail Bar's December takeover of The Local Craft Food & Drink
- Kevin Cory transforms NAOE sibling into N Shabu Shabu
- Alinea in Residence comes to Miami: Chef Grant Achatz to pop up at Faena Miami Beach
- Former Miami restaurant owner Joshua Woodward pleaded no contest Friday to attempted murder for trying to induce a miscarriage
- Jose Garces planning Miami restaurant
- Update: CANCELED Brooklyn's Pies 'n' Thighs pops up at the Mondrian
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz is out at the Raleigh Hotel on South Beach