Riviera Focacceria Italiana opens in midtown Miami
Italian owners, Italian chef at new Shops of Midtown spot.
Riviera Focacceria Italiana is now open in the Shops of Midtown in Miami, offering fresh focaccia and homemade pastas typical of the Liguria region of Italy.
The restaurant serves lunch and dinner daily from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m., said Fabio Domenichini, a restaurateur from Genova who co-owns the restaurant with Fabrizio Forciniti. Both partners also have restaurants in Italy: Domenichini’s in Genova, Forciniti’s in Milan.
Riviera Focacceria serves original focaccia Genovese, plain or with toppings like zucchini, peppers, potatoes, eggplant, tomatoes and Taggiasca olives, each priced from $1.50 to $3. The restaurant also offers at least six kinds of fresh homemade pasta each day, from $13 to $19, Domenichini said.
“We brought chef Massimo Travaglini from Genova to reproduce our dishes with the best quality possible,” he said.
Riviera Focacceria Italiana
3252 NE First Ave., Miami
Hours: Lunch and dinner daily
Prices: Focaccia $1.50-$3, pasta $13-$19
- New at Townhouse: K Ramen. Burger. Beer. Plus rooftop "destination" The Cape
- COYO Taco's Scott Linquist opens OLLA Nov. 28 on Lincoln Road
- Bazaar Mar by José Andrés at SLS Brickell open for biz Nov. 22
- My Ceviche opening 6th outpost later this month at The Shops at Midtown
- Is Jack Nicholson an investor in a soon-to-open Miami restaurant?
- Michael Schwartz's Fi'lia opens in Brickell next week
- Brazil's 24/7 French bistro Paris 6 opening October 24 on Miami Beach
- Mignonette opening second location in ex-Gourmet Diner space on Biscayne
- Ferran Adrià, Jorge Muñoz, Aaron Mulliss & Nick Beardshaw in Miami for Estrella Damm Gastronomy Congress
- Soyka's second act: Miami restaurateur to open first restaurant in 15 years