Riviera Focacceria Italiana opens in midtown Miami
Italian owners, Italian chef at new Shops of Midtown spot.
Riviera Focacceria Italiana is now open in the Shops of Midtown in Miami, offering fresh focaccia and homemade pastas typical of the Liguria region of Italy.
The restaurant serves lunch and dinner daily from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m., said Fabio Domenichini, a restaurateur from Genova who co-owns the restaurant with Fabrizio Forciniti. Both partners also have restaurants in Italy: Domenichini’s in Genova, Forciniti’s in Milan.
Riviera Focacceria serves original focaccia Genovese, plain or with toppings like zucchini, peppers, potatoes, eggplant, tomatoes and Taggiasca olives, each priced from $1.50 to $3. The restaurant also offers at least six kinds of fresh homemade pasta each day, from $13 to $19, Domenichini said.
“We brought chef Massimo Travaglini from Genova to reproduce our dishes with the best quality possible,” he said.
Riviera Focacceria Italiana
3252 NE First Ave., Miami
Hours: Lunch and dinner daily
Prices: Focaccia $1.50-$3, pasta $13-$19
- Ferran Adrià, Jorge Muñoz, Aaron Mulliss & Nick Beardshaw in Miami for Estrella Damm Gastronomy Congress
- Soyka's second act: Miami restaurateur to open first restaurant in 15 years
- Big name chefs heading to Hyde Beach on September 22 for Hunger Action Month
- Ex Milos chef to head up kitchen at Miami River Greek spot, KIKI on the River
- Rick Bayless restaurant Red O opening in downtown Miami next summer
- Where sushi blends old world and new on South Beach
- Top 5 Arepas in Miami from Yelp
- Mimo Restaurant The Fed Shuts Down
- Where to find artisanal chocolate in South Florida
- These are the most popular Indian restaurants in Miami