Riviera Focacceria Italiana opens in midtown Miami
Italian owners, Italian chef at new Shops of Midtown spot.
Riviera Focacceria Italiana is now open in the Shops of Midtown in Miami, offering fresh focaccia and homemade pastas typical of the Liguria region of Italy.
The restaurant serves lunch and dinner daily from 11 a.m. to 11 p.m., said Fabio Domenichini, a restaurateur from Genova who co-owns the restaurant with Fabrizio Forciniti. Both partners also have restaurants in Italy: Domenichini’s in Genova, Forciniti’s in Milan.
Riviera Focacceria serves original focaccia Genovese, plain or with toppings like zucchini, peppers, potatoes, eggplant, tomatoes and Taggiasca olives, each priced from $1.50 to $3. The restaurant also offers at least six kinds of fresh homemade pasta each day, from $13 to $19, Domenichini said.
“We brought chef Massimo Travaglini from Genova to reproduce our dishes with the best quality possible,” he said.
Riviera Focacceria Italiana
3252 NE First Ave., Miami
Hours: Lunch and dinner daily
Prices: Focaccia $1.50-$3, pasta $13-$19
- Extra Ordinary: Vandy Vanderwarker of Charleston's The Ordinary shucking up at Mignonette in May
- Blue Collar restaurant hosting 2016 Matzo Chase - a scavenger hunt in Miami
- Richard Hales opening Bird & Bone Hot Chicken & Ribs at The Wynwood Yard
- Now Closed: The Oceanaire Seafood Room. Coming Soon to Mary Brickell Village: "Another Landry's concept"
- Norwegian DJ Kygo's just desserts at Komodo
- Top Chef Paul Qui of Faena Hotel's heralded Pao arrested for alleged drug-fueled assault on girlfriend
- Bachour Bakery + Bistro opening March 25 on Brickell
- High end Kaori by Walter Martino opening in Brickell area February 23
- Juvia's Japanese sibling Sushi Garage opens in Miami's Sunset Harbor 'hood
- Now open: Coconut Grove's Spasso--"Simple, honest, brutal food"