The Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne Hosts All-Star Tennis Tournament & Offers Sony Open Packages
Get up close and personal--and even take the courts--with Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray, Venus and Serena Williams, Ana Ivanovic and Marion Bartoli
If you’re vying for tickets to the Sony Open tennis tournament to catch a glimpse of the top pros in action, The Ritz-Carlton Key Biscayne (455 Grand Bay Dr., Key Biscayne; 305-365-4208) is doing one better. Get up close and personal with the stars at the Fifth Annual All Star Tennis Charity Event held Tuesday, March 18 from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m at the resort’s Cliff Drysdale Tennis Center.
The Round Robin tennis tournament will allow 24 amateur players the chance to qualify and play against and alongside Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray, Venus and Serena Williams, Ana Ivanovic and Marion Bartoli.
The action is open to the public by reservation and tickets afford a variety of access points to the tournament. Spectators can purchase $75 tickets to watch the exhibition matches, quaff Champagne and nibble on passed hors d’oeuvres. For those who desire court time and entry into the Round Robin tournament, the following packages are available:
- $750 per person provides entry to a Round Robin tournament, VIP seating, gift bag and court time and participation with Drysdale, Chellas, Cahill and top ATP players to qualify for two spots, giving local players the chance of a lifetime to play out points with the leading tennis pros.
- $1,500 per person includes entry to a Round Robin tournament, guaranteed hitting time against and alongside the top pros, VIP seating, gift bag and group photo opportunity.
- If nothing less than a sure thing is your style, $5,000 provides one VIP All Access Pass including one player entry in the Round Robin tournament, 15 minutes of guaranteed playing time against and alongside the top pros, VIP courtside seating, gift bags and individual meet-and-greet photo opportunity.
Led by Grand Slam legend and Hall of Famer Cliff Drysdale, along with the resort’s tennis director Mark Chellas and ESPN tennis analyst Darren Cahill, they’ll keep the action lively with a pro Round Robin, a “King of the Court” challenge match pitting pros against the Round Robin winners and exhibition matches with the top stars as a finale from 5 p.m. to 6 p.m.
All proceeds from the charity tournament go to First Serve Miami, which helps economically and socially challenged youth learn tennis and valuable life skills. Tickets may be purchased by calling The Cliff Drysdale Tennis Center at 305-365-4300 or contacting Mark Chellas at Mark.Chellas@ritzcarlton.com.
For those who wish to extend their stay on Key Biscayne after the All Star tournament, The Ritz is offering the Ultimate Tennis Dream package. And for those heading to the Crandon Tennis Center for the Sony Open, the I Love Tennis package offers the ultimate in luxury and convenience.
The “Ultimate Tennis Dream” package includes:
- Airport transfers
- Champagne upon arrival and welcome amenity
- VIP access to the All-Star Tennis Charity Event on March 18th with guaranteed hitting time and meet-n-greet with the top pros
- Overnight accommodations in an oceanfront suite
- Breakfast daily
- Adult tennis clinic for two and one private tennis lesson for two
- Box seats to Sony Open for two
Rates start from $5,999 and the package is valid March 17-21. For reservations, please contact the hotel directly at 305-365-4582.
The “I Love Tennis” package includes:
- Overnight accommodations
- Breakfast daily
- Complimentary shuttle to and from the Crandon Tennis Center
- Welcome amenity
- Meet-n-greet with Hall of Famer Cliff Drysdale
- Tennis clinic for two daily and private tennis lesson for two daily
Rates start from $999 and the package is valid March 17-30. For reservation click here or call 305-365-4500.
- Mark Your Calendar For June 21 & 22: CyberSummer Offers Deep Discounts on Travel
- Sizzling Summer Savings at Miami Hotels & Beyond
- Inside The New York EDITION & other new New York City attractions
- Locally Led Yoga Retreats Head to Nicaragua, Costa Rica and Tulum this Summer
- The Raleigh Launches Summer Pool Passes
- Aloft South Beach Announces Opening Date: May 28
- The Getaway: Puerto Rico
- Miami Hotel Bars
- Is 1 Hotel South Beach Really Ready to Open?
- Visiting the New Key West