Ritz Carlton chef Andres Meraz: Seafood is my thing
Emphasis on oysters
Let Andres Meraz entertain you -- and feed you.
The chef de cuisine at The Dilido Beach Club is racking up a lot of overtime trying to please matriarchs (and their kids) with a new Mother's Day package at the restaurant, located beachside at the DiLido Beach Club.
The California native's specialty is seafood, he says, and is proud of how he works up his oysters in various, unexpected ways: resting in beure blanc, mixed up with a citrusy wash and topped with chorizo and Mexican cheese and cooked to a golden brown.
Sunday's special brunch at the Ritz (also offered at Bistro One LR) also has a surprise in store for moms: the so-called Kalla Floral Experience features a pearl-inspired bouquet with Phalaenopsis orchids, Christopher Elbow chocolates and bottle of Napa Valley Chardonnay from the Hill Family Estate.
Reservations for the Mother of Pearl package as well as overnight accommodations: 786-276-4027 www.ritzcarlton.com
On Our Radar
- Celebrity doctor's Grove home sells
- Miami teen hits the big time
- Inside details of Sofia Vergara's wedding
- DWTS cast members will present SWAY: A Dance Trilogy at Olympia Theater
- Trey Songz and friends spend the day giving back.
- Recap: Miami.com Experience - Pop-Up Dinner at Bocce with Sugarcane
- Tiger Woods' ex holds dinner in Palm Beach
- Jamaican pop star OMI at club opening
- Miami's (wannabe) adopted son David Beckham is 'Sexiest Man'
- Influence Miami at Bakehouse Art Complex