Ritz Carlton chef Andres Meraz: Seafood is my thing
Emphasis on oysters
Let Andres Meraz entertain you -- and feed you.
The chef de cuisine at The Dilido Beach Club is racking up a lot of overtime trying to please matriarchs (and their kids) with a new Mother's Day package at the restaurant, located beachside at the DiLido Beach Club.
The California native's specialty is seafood, he says, and is proud of how he works up his oysters in various, unexpected ways: resting in beure blanc, mixed up with a citrusy wash and topped with chorizo and Mexican cheese and cooked to a golden brown.
Sunday's special brunch at the Ritz (also offered at Bistro One LR) also has a surprise in store for moms: the so-called Kalla Floral Experience features a pearl-inspired bouquet with Phalaenopsis orchids, Christopher Elbow chocolates and bottle of Napa Valley Chardonnay from the Hill Family Estate.
Reservations for the Mother of Pearl package as well as overnight accommodations: 786-276-4027 www.ritzcarlton.com
On Our Radar
- Jose Fernandez fans get a chance to say goodbye today
- Miami mourns the loss of Marlins pitcher Jose Fernandez
- Shane Battier and his annual Battioke brings out NBA stars
- Barbara Streisand coming to Miami area before the holidays
- Moet bottle made just for Miami champagne lovers
- Khloe Kardashian shows off her new boyfriend in Miami
- Kim Kardashian's midnight tanning session in Miami
- 'Selma' star David Oyelowo in Miami
- Donald Trump and Kanye West to Cause Traffic Kerfuffle in Miami
- Vogue with Madonna at Art Basel