Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus is in town!
We spoke to the sidekick
The bigtop is in town! Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus made a grand entrance on Wednesday, with a parade on the streets of Ocean Drive, followed by a sneak peek performance in front of the iconic Clevelander Hotel from the show’s dancers, clowns and fearless martial arts troupe, Shaolin Warriors, all led by Ringmaster, Johnathan Lee Iverson.
The parade and performance are in honor of Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus’ newest show DRAGONS, which runs through South Florida through Jan. 21 at the AmericanAirlines Arena.
"It's fun to be a sidekick," says Brazilian native , Paulo dos Santos. Paulo is a little person, but don’t let his diminutive stature fool you, he has an incredible amount of enthusiasm, passion and athleticism. Once named national Brazilian champion in Capoeira, Paulo loves to move and dance and has a blast serving as this year’s Ringmaster’s right hand man throughout the show. "I just love seeing the expressions on the little kids' faces and their reception to the whole experience. It's unforgettable!"
On Our Radar
- Heidi Klum: She’s an artist, too
- Fidel Castro is dead. Miami's Cuban exiles celebrate.
- Andy Cohen talks about celebrity gossip in latest book
- Report: An 'exhausted' Kanye West cancels tour, is hospitalized
- Singer Kesha in Miami for charity
- Fifth Harmony singer Lauren Jauregui comes out in letter
- Marc Anthony splits with wife
- Internet claps back at guy who yelled 'Trump!' in viral Starbucks video
- Lucie Arnaz to pay homage to her father Desi Arnaz
- Sting to play The Fillmore