Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus is in town!
We spoke to the sidekick
The bigtop is in town! Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus made a grand entrance on Wednesday, with a parade on the streets of Ocean Drive, followed by a sneak peek performance in front of the iconic Clevelander Hotel from the show’s dancers, clowns and fearless martial arts troupe, Shaolin Warriors, all led by Ringmaster, Johnathan Lee Iverson.
The parade and performance are in honor of Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus’ newest show DRAGONS, which runs through South Florida through Jan. 21 at the AmericanAirlines Arena.
"It's fun to be a sidekick," says Brazilian native , Paulo dos Santos. Paulo is a little person, but don’t let his diminutive stature fool you, he has an incredible amount of enthusiasm, passion and athleticism. Once named national Brazilian champion in Capoeira, Paulo loves to move and dance and has a blast serving as this year’s Ringmaster’s right hand man throughout the show. "I just love seeing the expressions on the little kids' faces and their reception to the whole experience. It's unforgettable!"
On Our Radar
- Rap mogul Birdman dating Toni Braxton
- Sarah Jessica Parker popping in to Bloomingdale's Aventura
- 3 rare pre-embargo Cuban cigars to buy in Miami
- How to get the celebrity bikini body you crave
- Luis Guzman in Miami: Spanish is easier than French
- Miami artist Becky Rosa unveils massive public art installation at Wynwood gallery
- Antonio Banderas: I have an attachment to Miami
- Runway Reviews from Miami Fashion Week 2016
- Do you live in one of the most stressed out places in Florida?
- Gwen Stefani's having trouble selling tickets for tour