Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus is in town!
We spoke to the sidekick
The bigtop is in town! Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus made a grand entrance on Wednesday, with a parade on the streets of Ocean Drive, followed by a sneak peek performance in front of the iconic Clevelander Hotel from the show’s dancers, clowns and fearless martial arts troupe, Shaolin Warriors, all led by Ringmaster, Johnathan Lee Iverson.
The parade and performance are in honor of Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus’ newest show DRAGONS, which runs through South Florida through Jan. 21 at the AmericanAirlines Arena.
"It's fun to be a sidekick," says Brazilian native , Paulo dos Santos. Paulo is a little person, but don’t let his diminutive stature fool you, he has an incredible amount of enthusiasm, passion and athleticism. Once named national Brazilian champion in Capoeira, Paulo loves to move and dance and has a blast serving as this year’s Ringmaster’s right hand man throughout the show. "I just love seeing the expressions on the little kids' faces and their reception to the whole experience. It's unforgettable!"
On Our Radar
- The Kardashians raise eyebrows in Cuba
- Forget about a concert: Janet Jackson is pregnant
- Floridian model Kate Upton engaged
- A 'Real Housewives of Miami' spinoff with Joanna Krupa?
- Mariah Carey set to make wishes come true in Miami
- #Rich Kids of Beverly Hills star in Miami
- Ivanka Trump: Welcome to my spa
- Jencarlos Canela discusses his music at Latin Billboards
- Beyonce and Jay Z look and act like a couple in Miami
- 10 ways to prepare for the Beyonce concert