Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus is in town!
We spoke to the sidekick
The bigtop is in town! Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus made a grand entrance on Wednesday, with a parade on the streets of Ocean Drive, followed by a sneak peek performance in front of the iconic Clevelander Hotel from the show’s dancers, clowns and fearless martial arts troupe, Shaolin Warriors, all led by Ringmaster, Johnathan Lee Iverson.
The parade and performance are in honor of Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus’ newest show DRAGONS, which runs through South Florida through Jan. 21 at the AmericanAirlines Arena.
"It's fun to be a sidekick," says Brazilian native , Paulo dos Santos. Paulo is a little person, but don’t let his diminutive stature fool you, he has an incredible amount of enthusiasm, passion and athleticism. Once named national Brazilian champion in Capoeira, Paulo loves to move and dance and has a blast serving as this year’s Ringmaster’s right hand man throughout the show. "I just love seeing the expressions on the little kids' faces and their reception to the whole experience. It's unforgettable!"
On Our Radar
- Data confirms what everyone in Miami already knows: Rent is too high
- Latino stars come out at New World Symphony
- Jennifer Lopez to perform free concert at Bayfront Park in support of Hillary Clinton
- Adele lends voice in support of Hillary Clinton in Miami
- Udonis Haslem opens Starbucks in Miami
- Which Miami neighborhood will be the next to be ‘Art-Washed’?
- Five reasons to not give up on the Miami Heat
- Larsa and Scottie Pippen to divorce after 19 years
- Boo Madea star Tyler Perry: I don't like Halloween
- Florida has better taste in Halloween candy than most other states, says survey