Rihanna coming to Miami
Rihanna headlines a slew of concerts headed to South Florida this summer. Tickets go on sale this weekend.
Weeks since her performance at the Super Bowl Fan Jam on Miami Beach, Rihanna has announced her upcoming Last Girl On Earth Tour, which will arrive at the American Airlines Arena in downtown Miami on Saturday, July 31, 2010.
Rihanna, whose "Rude Boy" is the current number one single on the Billboard Hot 100, last played at the AAA in 2008 as an opening act on Kanye West's tech-noir Glow In The Dark Tour. This time, she'll headline an all-female show that includes openers Ke$ha and Nicki Minaj.
Ke$ha, who first appeared on "Right Round" by Miami's own Flo Rida, burst onto the pop scene with the infectious (and very annoying) "Tik Tok." Minaj, best known as a member of Lil Wayne's Young Money collective, is the feisty rapper responsible for the puzzling new single "Massive Attack."
Tickets will go on sale to the general public on Friday, April 9 at 10 a.m., and will be available at LiveNation.com
Other concerts recently announced for South Florida include:
- New Kids on the Block will perform Thursday, May 13 at 8 p.m. at the Fillmore Miami Beach at the Jackie Gleason Theatre. General Admission tickets are $83 and go on sale Friday, April 16th at 10a.m. at LiveNation.com or charge by phone 800-745-3000 and at the Fillmore Box Office.
- Soulful singers Maxwell and Jill Scott come to the American Airlines Arena in downtown Miami on Monday, June 14. Reserved Seat tickets are $165.75, $95.75, $75.75, $50.75 and $40.75 and go on sale Friday, April 9 at 10 a.m. at LiveNation.com or charge by phone 800-745-3000 and at all Ticketmaster outlets.
- Jack Johnson’s To The Sea Tour 2010 comes to West Palm’s Cruzan Amphitheatre on Thursday, August 26. Reserved seat tickets are $55 and lawn tickets are $35 and go on sale Saturday, April 10 at 10a.m. through the PNC Bank box office at the Amphitheatre, LiveNation.com or charge-by-phone at 800-745-3000.
- Iconic pop duo Hall & Oates come to the Pompano Beach Amphitheater on Sunday, May 30 at 8 p.m. With over 60 million albums sold, Daryl Hall & John Oates’ rich repertoire has garnered a total of 8 No. 1 hit singles along with dozens of top hits throughout the 70’s, 80’s, 90’s, including “Rich Girl,” “Kiss On My List,” “Maneater,” “Private Eyes,” “I Can’t Go For That (No Can Do), “Sara Smile,” “She’s Gone,” and “One On One.” Reserved seat tickets are $98.50, $58.50, $38.50 and $28.50 and go on sale Saturday, April 10 at 10 a.m. at LiveNation.com or charge by phone at 800-745-3000 and at the Amphitheater Box Office day of show. There is also a 4-pack of tickets available for just $99.00.
- The Vans Warped Tour rolls into West Palm’s Cruzan Amphitheatre on Saturday, July 24 at noon. General admission tickets are $31.93 in advance and $40 day of show. Tickets are available through the PNC Bank box office at the Amphitheatre, LiveNation.com or charge-by-phone at 800-745-3000. A special discount ticket is available for $21.54, only through Music Today.
- Velvet Underground: Heavyweight champion Shannon "The Cannon" Briggs hosts fight night at Wonderland, Cuban hip hopper Danay Suarez plays North Beach, Alberto Cabrera's Bread + Butter launches happy hour
- MOVA Lounge hosts 5th annual Block Party for Miami Beach Gay Pride Festival
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 11 - 13
- Dita Von Teese takes it off for South Florida
- 'Cocktales: Confessions of a Nymphomaniac' debuts at Bardot and runs through April
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 4 - 6
- SL Miami at The James Royal Palm closes
- Top three takeaways from Miami Music Week and Ultra Music Festival
- Velvet Underground: Gratis Champagne at Duffy's in North Miami Beach, Adoré Nightclub brings Vegas to South Beach, and yoga to soothe an over-partied soul at The Standard
- Armin Van Buuren leaves his mark at Miami Music Week 2014