Rico Love celebrates birthday in style at SLS
With fashion show
Roberto Cavalli and Saks Fifth Avenue, Bal Harbour pulled out all the stops Saturday night at SLS Hotel South Beach, to deliver an exuberant 30th birthday celebration, in honor of the legendary producer and songwriter, Rico Love. As the welcome cocktail reception began, poolside guests enjoyed an assortment of GREY GOOSE Cherry Noir cocktails. Red carpet celebrity arrivals included Kelly Rowland, Fat Joe, Pharrell, Fabolous, Bryan Michael Cox, Rocsi Diaz, Luke James, supermodel Jessica White, Tina Knowles and Adriana de Moura.
Rico stepped on to the red carpet as photographers yelled “Happy Birthday Rico!"
Two hours in to the event, guests were asked to take their seats at the side of the pool to witness a Cavalli fashion show, orchestrated backstage by Ava Cavalli, daughter of Roberto.
The Roberto Cavalli Spring/Summer 2013 collection was inspired by the poetic decorations of the Art Nouveau period. This year, Rico and Saks Fifth Avenue, Bal Harbour announced they are giving back to the community by donating 10% of the proceeds of sales from the Cavalli fashion show and pop-up store, as well as in-store sales, to Usher’s New Look Foundation.
Rico’s five-layer birthday cake was encased with notes and bars of music etched in to each tier with Rico’s name on the very top in red, and a HUBLOT logo written in white icing on the middle layer. The base of the cake, illustrates the keys on a piano, with ‘Happy 30th Birthday’ written beneath it. A Hublot watchcase with watch inside was designed in cake to resemble a replica of his own.
Sean "P Diddy" Combs, made a grand entrance with an entourage of Rico’s friends. “I knew Rico while he was growing up in Harlem,” Combs said. “ I was blown away by his music then, and I still continue to listen to it now. Please raise your glasses to our friend, Rico Love.”
On Our Radar
- Telenovela hunk William Levy hits the big screen
- Local Bachelor Juan Pablo takes it slow
- Supermodel Nina Agdal to make in store appearance
- Rumor mill: Shakira switches brokers midstream
- Local cake makers get reality show, 'Divas del Azucar'
- Wilmer Valderrama will judge Calle Ocho fashion show
- John Turturro to be honored at MIFF
- Cadillac V-series Challenge puts pro golfers, VIPs on the fast track at Homestead-Miami Speedway
- Oprah's Fisher Island home sells again
- Shirley MacLaine to appear at Miami International Film Fest