Rico Love celebrates birthday in style at SLS
With fashion show
Roberto Cavalli and Saks Fifth Avenue, Bal Harbour pulled out all the stops Saturday night at SLS Hotel South Beach, to deliver an exuberant 30th birthday celebration, in honor of the legendary producer and songwriter, Rico Love. As the welcome cocktail reception began, poolside guests enjoyed an assortment of GREY GOOSE Cherry Noir cocktails. Red carpet celebrity arrivals included Kelly Rowland, Fat Joe, Pharrell, Fabolous, Bryan Michael Cox, Rocsi Diaz, Luke James, supermodel Jessica White, Tina Knowles and Adriana de Moura.
Rico stepped on to the red carpet as photographers yelled “Happy Birthday Rico!"
Two hours in to the event, guests were asked to take their seats at the side of the pool to witness a Cavalli fashion show, orchestrated backstage by Ava Cavalli, daughter of Roberto.
The Roberto Cavalli Spring/Summer 2013 collection was inspired by the poetic decorations of the Art Nouveau period. This year, Rico and Saks Fifth Avenue, Bal Harbour announced they are giving back to the community by donating 10% of the proceeds of sales from the Cavalli fashion show and pop-up store, as well as in-store sales, to Usher’s New Look Foundation.
Rico’s five-layer birthday cake was encased with notes and bars of music etched in to each tier with Rico’s name on the very top in red, and a HUBLOT logo written in white icing on the middle layer. The base of the cake, illustrates the keys on a piano, with ‘Happy 30th Birthday’ written beneath it. A Hublot watchcase with watch inside was designed in cake to resemble a replica of his own.
Sean "P Diddy" Combs, made a grand entrance with an entourage of Rico’s friends. “I knew Rico while he was growing up in Harlem,” Combs said. “ I was blown away by his music then, and I still continue to listen to it now. Please raise your glasses to our friend, Rico Love.”
On Our Radar
- Beyonce and Jay Z look and act like a couple in Miami
- 10 ways to prepare for the Beyonce concert
- Beyonce bringing post Lemonade drama to Miami
- Lil Kim looks a lot different in Miami
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West take Miami for wedding
- Andy Cohen pays tribute to Prince in Miami at Arsht gala
- Enrique Iglesias gets frank on Facebook
- Tia Mowry in Miami: Online bullying is not OK
- 2016 - The Year The Music Died - Bowie, Frey, Prince
- Prince’s best Miami moments from a nightlife insider