Ricky Martin to be a TV star
Inks big deal
Oh Ricky you're so ... multifaceted. Universal Television knows talent when it sees it. Ricky Martin has been signed to a holding deal to develop and star in his first network television series and specials.
“Ricky is an iconic superstar who is as talented as he is popular,” said Bela Bajaria, Executive Vice President, Universal Television.
“Whether he’s performing before sold-out concert crowds, or starring on Broadway, where he is currently playing to SRO in ‘Evita,’ Ricky connects with his audience in a very palpable way – and we are thrilled that he will be adding TV star to his incredible resume.”
Already accustomed to the spotlight from the five years he spent in Menudo, Ricky set-off on his own musical path with the 1991 release of his self-titled debut solo album.
Soon acting appearances followed - in General Hospital and a Broadway run in Les Miserables.
Recent claims to fame: The newly out father of twins wrote an autobiography “ME,” and continued in the spring of 2011 with his critically-praised twelfth album "Musica+Alma+Sexo." Plus a guest appearance on Glee. Yup, he's ready.
On Our Radar
- Paulina Rubio in hot water over concert no show
- John Leguizamo in Miami to talk new movie
- Dave Chappelle seen at club until the wee hours
- Mario Chalmers hosts first annual Red Hot Winter Wonderland
- Robi Draco Rosa reveals that cancer has returned
- Demi Lovato a headliner at Y100 Jingle Ball
- Strange turn in Justin Bieber lawsuit
- Is Lindsay Lohan behind Basel beatdown?
- Paul Walker to costar with Miami native
- Michael Jordan's wife expecting