Ricky Martin to be a TV star
Inks big deal
Oh Ricky you're so ... multifaceted. Universal Television knows talent when it sees it. Ricky Martin has been signed to a holding deal to develop and star in his first network television series and specials.
“Ricky is an iconic superstar who is as talented as he is popular,” said Bela Bajaria, Executive Vice President, Universal Television.
“Whether he’s performing before sold-out concert crowds, or starring on Broadway, where he is currently playing to SRO in ‘Evita,’ Ricky connects with his audience in a very palpable way – and we are thrilled that he will be adding TV star to his incredible resume.”
Already accustomed to the spotlight from the five years he spent in Menudo, Ricky set-off on his own musical path with the 1991 release of his self-titled debut solo album.
Soon acting appearances followed - in General Hospital and a Broadway run in Les Miserables.
Recent claims to fame: The newly out father of twins wrote an autobiography “ME,” and continued in the spring of 2011 with his critically-praised twelfth album "Musica+Alma+Sexo." Plus a guest appearance on Glee. Yup, he's ready.
On Our Radar
- It's decision time for Dwyane Wade
- Launch party for Moscai hosted at The W
- Soccer player Cristiano Ronaldo spotted at W Hotel
- Magic Mike XXL stars at Miami Walk of Fame ceremony
- Irie Weekend a success
- Report: Prince Royce needs to pay up
- Real Housewives couple sue
- Kylie Jenner makes appearance at Sugar Factory
- AC Hotel opens with a stylish bang
- Audrina Patridge: I'm loving life