Ricky Martin to be a TV star
Inks big deal
Oh Ricky you're so ... multifaceted. Universal Television knows talent when it sees it. Ricky Martin has been signed to a holding deal to develop and star in his first network television series and specials.
“Ricky is an iconic superstar who is as talented as he is popular,” said Bela Bajaria, Executive Vice President, Universal Television.
“Whether he’s performing before sold-out concert crowds, or starring on Broadway, where he is currently playing to SRO in ‘Evita,’ Ricky connects with his audience in a very palpable way – and we are thrilled that he will be adding TV star to his incredible resume.”
Already accustomed to the spotlight from the five years he spent in Menudo, Ricky set-off on his own musical path with the 1991 release of his self-titled debut solo album.
Soon acting appearances followed - in General Hospital and a Broadway run in Les Miserables.
Recent claims to fame: The newly out father of twins wrote an autobiography “ME,” and continued in the spring of 2011 with his critically-praised twelfth album "Musica+Alma+Sexo." Plus a guest appearance on Glee. Yup, he's ready.
On Our Radar
- Ian Somerhalder supports fiancee at event
- David Beckham canvasing Miami again?
- Paris Hilton on the red carpet
- Kathie Lee Gifford at Boca Bachannal
- Ex Real Housewives of Miami star arrested
- Local chef a contestant on 'Hell's Kitchen'
- Big Bang Theory star Jim Parsons in Miami
- Dan Aykroyd making stops in Broward
- Scott Disick set to appear at Crazy Horse in Pompano Beach
- Toni Braxton meets up with the Wades at benefit