Revolution Live hosts 'Rock of Ages' opening night party in Fort Lauderdale on Friday, June 15
Broward club was transformed into the famed Bourbon Room for the film
Big hair, leather pants, Bon Jovi on the cover over the Rolling Stone and MTV actually played music videos – it was 1987.
Revolution Live (100 SW Third Ave., Fort Lauderdale) plans to take you back to that glam metal era on Friday, June 15 with a free, 21-and-over show for the release of the 'Rock of Ages' movie, where filmmakers transformed this Broward hot spot into the Bourbon Room and Tom Cruise took the stage as a rocker. The party starts at 9 p.m.
There is going to be video and candid photos shot during the filming of 'Rock of Ages' on display, and a lot of rock-n-roll.
Local guitarist Brev Sullivan, a member of the 80s cover band Lazy Bonez, got to be in the movie and jammed with Cruise as member of his band.
Sullivan and his crew from Lazy Bonez will be headlining the recreated Bourbon Room, and organizers are promising that you will feel like you are in the movie, too.
“We even kept the bras that were used to line the bar in the movie,” event organizer Woody Graber said. “More than one third of the movie was filmed here and the club shutdown for nearly a month during the filming.”
There will be an opening performance by the kids from the School of Rock in Fort Lauderdale.
For those of you looking channel your own inner rock-n-roller there will be a character look-a-like contest with a $100 prize for top male and female, and all you have to do is register at the door.
“There is going to be some big hair and a lot of head shaking,” Graber said.
And as the Def Leppard lyric’s go: “Long live rock-n-roll!”
- db Bistro Moderne Serves Up Art You Can Drink
- Summer in the city: DBGB, boozy fundraisers and bikini contests
- Go Drink This: Aperol Spritz
- Woodchuck Transforms The Annex in Wynwood into a Big Top for Gumption Cider Launch
- Go Drink This: Banjan Groove
- New Patrón lets you step up your Cinco de Mayo game
- Nahko and Medicine for the People at Grand Central, Dance Band Night, Electric Piquete & Buck 15 Redux
- Cinco de Mayo Parties in Miami and South Florida
- Fight nights, Derby days, comedy & Cinco de Mayo
- Oculto Manor transforms Soho Studios into fun-house of secrets