Restaurant Michael Schwartz at The Raleigh opening 'quietly' Saturday, April 20 and we have the menu!
Schwartz's long anticipated 4th Miami restaurant is finally opening
Hot off the opening of his third Design District restaurant, The Cypress Room, there's no stopping chef/restaurateur Michael Schwartz who, on Saturday, April 20 (and 'officially' Monday, April 22), will debut his long awaited restaurant at The Raleigh, simply titled Restaurant Michael Schwartz. Schwartz takes over the space formally known as The Royal once and briefly operated by NYC's celeb-magnet chef John DeLucie. Expect a new look and, of course, a genuinely Schwartzian menu, though the only things carried over from Michael's Genuine Food & Drink are the snacks such as hominy, deviled eggs, chips and dip, and olives.
Among the new large dishes on that menu: grilled tuna with fregola, fennel, tomato marmalade and celery; pan roasted half poulet rouge chicken with asparagus, favas, wild mushroom jus; grilled rib eye cap steak with charred Brussels sprouts, yellow tomato, parsley sauce; olive oil poached local swordfish with farro, charred blood orange, and kumquat gastrique; braised lamb shank with whipped parsnip, shaved artichoke, mint peas; and pan roasted Indian-spiced pork loin with mango chutney and grilled spring onion.
Medium-sized dishes include grilled octopus; steamed mussels; homemade spaghetti; fried Buffalo-style rabbit; grilled pizza; jumbo lump crab cake and duck confit. Small plates include oysters on the halfshell with charred onion-citrus mignonette; tuna crudo; Clams Casino; simple green salad, heirloom tomato bread soup; grilled chicken wings; jumbo lump crab salad; and classic steak tartare. There's also a raw bar.
Lunch sandwiches include a burger with choice of American, gruyere, cheddar or blue cheese; Cuban sandwich; Maine lobster roll; grilled chicken BLT; grilled cheese; grilled local fish tacos; and grilled pizzas including charred radicchio, fig, trugole, local mozzarella, tomato and basil; and Braised lamb, apricot, mint and pecorino. Lunch main plates include pan roasted local fish; steak frites; pappardelle primavera; moules frites; and chopped salad.
A few of Hedy Goldsmith's signature desserts include lemon meringue bread pudding; Cuban coffee pots de creme; and crunchy milk chocolate and gooey salted caramel bar.
Restaurant Michael Schwartz will be open for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The restaurant will also be steeped in martini culture, featuring guest bartenders at the hotel's landmark Martini Bar starting Tuesdays in early May. Also starting in early May will be Monday Family Nights featuring four or five-course meals.
1775 Collins Ave.
- New at Townhouse: K Ramen. Burger. Beer. Plus rooftop "destination" The Cape
- COYO Taco's Scott Linquist opens OLLA Nov. 28 on Lincoln Road
- Bazaar Mar by José Andrés at SLS Brickell open for biz Nov. 22
- My Ceviche opening 6th outpost later this month at The Shops at Midtown
- Is Jack Nicholson an investor in a soon-to-open Miami restaurant?
- Michael Schwartz's Fi'lia opens in Brickell next week
- Brazil's 24/7 French bistro Paris 6 opening October 24 on Miami Beach
- Mignonette opening second location in ex-Gourmet Diner space on Biscayne
- Ferran Adrià, Jorge Muñoz, Aaron Mulliss & Nick Beardshaw in Miami for Estrella Damm Gastronomy Congress
- Soyka's second act: Miami restaurateur to open first restaurant in 15 years