Restaurant discounts, classes, tastings coming to Coral Gables
Get special pricing at more than 35 Coral Gables restaurants June 9-29.
More than 35 Coral Gables restaurants will offer three-course prix fixe lunches and dinners as part of the seventh annual Coral Gables Restaurant Week, which runs June 9 to 29. (We only dabble in math, but that's closer to three weeks. #Journalism.)
The whole shindig kicks off on Thursday night at the Westin Colonnade (180 Aragon Ave.), which hosts the Taste of the Gables. For $30 ($40 at the door), guests can taste samples from about 20 of the Restaurant Week participants.
This year's Coral Gables Restaurant Week lineup: Bellmont Restaurant*, BrickTop’s*, Castelluccio*, Divino Ceviche*, La Tagliatella*, Uvaggio Restaurant & Wine Bar*, Open Stage Club*, Anacapri on Ponce, Angelique Euro Café, Benihana, Bulla Gastrobar, Café at Books & Books, Caffe Abbracci, Caffe Vialetto, Christy's Restaurant, Cibo Wine Bar, Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar, Fritz & Franz Bierhaus, Ikura Sushi, JohnMartin's Irish Pub & Restaurant, La Dorada Restaurant, La Taberna Giralda, La Tagliatella, Le Provencal, Miss Saigon Bistro, Morton's, Ortanique, Randazzo's Little Italy, Red Koi, Ruth's Chris, Seasons 52, Spritz, Sushi Maki, SushiSamba, Swine, Talavera Cocina Mexicana, Tarpon Bend and the Local.
Restaurant Week deals are typically about 20 percent or more off regular menu prices and range from $15 to $48 a person. Menus, prices are available here.
In addition to the Taste and Restaurant Week, several Gables restaurants are hosting special classes and dining events:
Gnocchi Class at Cibo Wine Bar, 45 Miracle Mile, 7 p.m. June 11, $50, 305-442-4925.
Sake Class at Red Koi, 317 Miracle Mile, 7 p.m. June 11, $40, 786-313-3540.
Iron Chef-Style Cooking Class at Ortanique, 278 Miracle Mile, 11:30 a.m. June 14, $108, 305-446-7710.
Flights & Flatbreads at Seasons 52, 321 Miracle Mile, 6 p.m. June 16, $15, 305-968-6965.
A Taste of Spain at La Taberna Giralda, 254 Giralda Ave., 8 p.m. June 18, $45, 786-362-5677.
Sushi & Sake at SushiSamba, 180 Aragon Ave., 7 p.m. June 24, $85, 305-448-4990.
* First-time participant
Coral Gables Restaurant Week
- Why the Hungry Black Man makes juice bar his pick of the week
- Taste Chinese, Mexican and Japanese in one bite — for one night only
- A vegetarian gastropub? It's coming to (where else?) South Beach
- Where you can taste a prize-winning doughnut in Miami
- These are Miami's most popular brunch spots, says Yelp
- Pollo Tropical wants you to cheat — on your chicken
- Three perfect words: Free chocolate croissants
- Burgers and beer in Brickell on National Cheeseburger Day
- Who has Miami's favorite fried chicken?
- This local Haitian chef will be on Food Network — again