Restaurant discounts, classes, tastings coming to Coral Gables
Get special pricing at more than 35 Coral Gables restaurants June 9-29.
More than 35 Coral Gables restaurants will offer three-course prix fixe lunches and dinners as part of the seventh annual Coral Gables Restaurant Week, which runs June 9 to 29. (We only dabble in math, but that's closer to three weeks. #Journalism.)
The whole shindig kicks off on Thursday night at the Westin Colonnade (180 Aragon Ave.), which hosts the Taste of the Gables. For $30 ($40 at the door), guests can taste samples from about 20 of the Restaurant Week participants.
This year's Coral Gables Restaurant Week lineup: Bellmont Restaurant*, BrickTop’s*, Castelluccio*, Divino Ceviche*, La Tagliatella*, Uvaggio Restaurant & Wine Bar*, Open Stage Club*, Anacapri on Ponce, Angelique Euro Café, Benihana, Bulla Gastrobar, Café at Books & Books, Caffe Abbracci, Caffe Vialetto, Christy's Restaurant, Cibo Wine Bar, Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar, Fritz & Franz Bierhaus, Ikura Sushi, JohnMartin's Irish Pub & Restaurant, La Dorada Restaurant, La Taberna Giralda, La Tagliatella, Le Provencal, Miss Saigon Bistro, Morton's, Ortanique, Randazzo's Little Italy, Red Koi, Ruth's Chris, Seasons 52, Spritz, Sushi Maki, SushiSamba, Swine, Talavera Cocina Mexicana, Tarpon Bend and the Local.
Restaurant Week deals are typically about 20 percent or more off regular menu prices and range from $15 to $48 a person. Menus, prices are available here.
In addition to the Taste and Restaurant Week, several Gables restaurants are hosting special classes and dining events:
Gnocchi Class at Cibo Wine Bar, 45 Miracle Mile, 7 p.m. June 11, $50, 305-442-4925.
Sake Class at Red Koi, 317 Miracle Mile, 7 p.m. June 11, $40, 786-313-3540.
Iron Chef-Style Cooking Class at Ortanique, 278 Miracle Mile, 11:30 a.m. June 14, $108, 305-446-7710.
Flights & Flatbreads at Seasons 52, 321 Miracle Mile, 6 p.m. June 16, $15, 305-968-6965.
A Taste of Spain at La Taberna Giralda, 254 Giralda Ave., 8 p.m. June 18, $45, 786-362-5677.
Sushi & Sake at SushiSamba, 180 Aragon Ave., 7 p.m. June 24, $85, 305-448-4990.
* First-time participant
Coral Gables Restaurant Week
- These gourmet doughnuts are coming to Westchester
- No more standing outside: Salty Donut opens permanently Saturday
- There's art inside and outside of this Wywnood Brewing beer bottle
- Art Basel Eats: From Pop-ups to New Openings
- This man loves burgers so much he built a museum to them
- Their restaurants will be neighbors – so these top chefs cooked for each other
- Why ‘Top Chef’ brothers are opening their first restaurant together in Miami
- A Miami Book Fair event for 'Top Chef' fans, book lovers
- Forget cooking: Here's where to eat out for Thanksgiving
- Mignonette oyster dinner features Miami Book Fair author Rowan Jacobsen