Reptile Day at Miami Science Museum brings out reality stars
Like slithery creatures? You're in luck. The Miami Science Museum is having Reptile Day all day Saturday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Reptile lovers and those who want to learn more about their pets can have a Meet and greet with Animal Planet’s Gator Boys celebrities Chris and Ashley. There will also be a Python Control in the Everglades presentation by Shawn Heflick, host of National Geographic’s Python Hunters.
Just be careful during the live venomous snake handling show by Venom One. And don't leave before you see the turtle race or the Eat Like a Reptile presentation by Chef Kat Duran. Attendees can enter their pet reptiles in several contests for prizes. Each pet entry will receive two free admission tickets (limit one pet entry per family).
Miami Science Museum, 3280 South Miami Avenue; included with Museum admission. Students (with valid ID), seniors (62+) and children 3 – 12, $10.95; adults are $14.95. Admission is free for Miami Science Museum members and children under 3. Parking is free.
On Our Radar
- Gloria Estefan to lead Q&A
- CSI Miami star Omar Miller talks Weekend Fix
- Dwyane Wade getting ready for A Night on the Runwade
- Mr. Olympia Phil Heath gives diet and exercise tips before the holidays
- Pharrell can't sell his Miami condo
- Supermodel Elle Macpherson at opening of Stripsteak
- Eric Trump marries in Palm Beach
- Miami actor Carlos Ponce stays busy
- Jersey Belle star Jaime Sullivan in Miami
- Shireen Sandoval named 'Deco Drive' cohost