Reptile Day at Miami Science Museum brings out reality stars
Like slithery creatures? You're in luck. The Miami Science Museum is having Reptile Day all day Saturday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Reptile lovers and those who want to learn more about their pets can have a Meet and greet with Animal Planet’s Gator Boys celebrities Chris and Ashley. There will also be a Python Control in the Everglades presentation by Shawn Heflick, host of National Geographic’s Python Hunters.
Just be careful during the live venomous snake handling show by Venom One. And don't leave before you see the turtle race or the Eat Like a Reptile presentation by Chef Kat Duran. Attendees can enter their pet reptiles in several contests for prizes. Each pet entry will receive two free admission tickets (limit one pet entry per family).
Miami Science Museum, 3280 South Miami Avenue; included with Museum admission. Students (with valid ID), seniors (62+) and children 3 – 12, $10.95; adults are $14.95. Admission is free for Miami Science Museum members and children under 3. Parking is free.
On Our Radar
- Keith Richards' daughter Alexandra spins for crowd
- Models & bottles: Leonardo DiCaprio does Miami Beach
- The Rock literally battles it out in new movie Hercules
- Mario Lopez parties on yacht in Miami Beach
- Models spotted at Swim Week
- Cool and crafty event at Aventura Mall
- Roselyn Sánchez dishes on ‘Devious Maids,’ singing and new Spanish comedy
- Local bachelor appears in the nude on reality show
- Burger place featured on TV show
- Cake Boss helps local baker