Reptile Day at Miami Science Museum brings out reality stars
Like slithery creatures? You're in luck. The Miami Science Museum is having Reptile Day all day Saturday, 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Reptile lovers and those who want to learn more about their pets can have a Meet and greet with Animal Planet’s Gator Boys celebrities Chris and Ashley. There will also be a Python Control in the Everglades presentation by Shawn Heflick, host of National Geographic’s Python Hunters.
Just be careful during the live venomous snake handling show by Venom One. And don't leave before you see the turtle race or the Eat Like a Reptile presentation by Chef Kat Duran. Attendees can enter their pet reptiles in several contests for prizes. Each pet entry will receive two free admission tickets (limit one pet entry per family).
Miami Science Museum, 3280 South Miami Avenue; included with Museum admission. Students (with valid ID), seniors (62+) and children 3 – 12, $10.95; adults are $14.95. Admission is free for Miami Science Museum members and children under 3. Parking is free.
On Our Radar
- At 71, Patti Labelle is just getting started
- 7 Funniest Lines from Miami's Dave Barry at the Iowa Caucuses
- Shark Tank star to exhibit art
- Marlon Wayans: I'm not really like Christian Grey
- Sports Illustrated fan fest headed to Miami Beach
- Gloria Estefan teams up with Oscar winner
- Opera superstar Placido Domingo at AAA
- Def Leppard in concert
- Teen Mom 2 star gets plastic surgery in Miami
- Take a class with a dancing pro