Shape up for summer
There's still time to get bikini-ready for summer.
If you’ve tried Zumba, step aerobics, spinning and every other sweat-inducing class at the gym but still haven’t found a favorite, here are a few places you might try to get back into bikini form for the summer. Some of them are free, too, so no excuses.
SHAPE UP FOR SUMMER
Get ready for beach season with an evening filled with complimentary mini-workouts and expert advice ranging from fitness to Chinese medicine with Marta Montenegro of SoBeFit Magazine and Dr. Karen Koffler, medical director at Canyon Ranch’s Health & Wellness department. Throughout the event, attendees will enjoy a SMART WATER station and a selection of light bites, natural sodas, and signature organic cocktails all handcrafted by the Canyon Ranch Grill.
Wednesday, June 9, 6 p.m.–9 p.m. Canyon Ranch Hotel & Spa, 6801 Collins Avenue, Miami Beach; RSVP by June 8 to VIP@sobefitmagazine.com
Maybe you missed SoBe Pilates’ swanky opening party featuring Elaine Lancaster reincarnated as Olivia Newton John in “Let’s Get Physical” but you should not ignore their innovative classes like Xtend Barre, Biokinetics and Power Plate. These classes, plus their pilates packages are designed to make you lean, long and bikini-ready.
Check out schedules and prices at www.sobepilates.com. SoBe Pilates, 950 Arthur Godfrey Road, Miami Beach; 305-763-8878.
Dharma Studio in the Grove has workshops that allow you to reconnect with your mind and body in a tranquil setting. Stretch your way to fitness at their advanced stretching workshop.
Dharma Studio, 3170 Commodore Plaza, Coconut Grove, 305-.461-1777 or visit www.dharmastudio.com for full schedule.
Shed the pounds fast with the Six-Week Core Evolution program designed by celebrity trainer Fred DeVito. Dieticians will give you tips on healthy eating so you can reach your goal.
Classes will be tailored to your schedule. $750-$1200. Exhale at EPIC, 270 Biscayne Boulevard Way, Miami, 305-423-3900 or exhalespa.com.
See and Do
- 5 Worst Visitors People in Miami Receive in the Winter
- Ayikodans offers a prayer in the form of dance for its sixth season at the Arsht Center
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Feb. 5-7
- Skateboards and jazz collide this weekend at YoungArts campus
- 14 Events You Can't Miss in Miami in March 2016
- Actors’ Playhouse Company turns out a dazzling version of the musical ‘West Side Story’
- Latest touring version of the Tony-winning musical 'Book of Mormon' is a delight
- ‘The Nether’ raises provocative questions about the dark side of the web
- Slow Burn Theatre Company’s ‘Violet’ is a musical about the scars we carry
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Jan. 29-31