Support 1st&Alton's continued efforts to raise money for the victims of Haiti's tragic earthquake.
Rehabili-Haitian, Saturday, April 10, 6 p.m.- midnight
The Mutiny Hotel, 2951 South Bayshore Dr., Miami
Details: $20 donation as entrance fee; complimentary cocktails from 6 - 9 p.m.
More info: www.1standalton.org.
1st & Alton is a grassroots Haiti-relief movement which utilized Facebook to collect individual, community and corporate donations in excess of $7 million for earthquake victims. The group has overseen 250 volunteers helping 2000 donors bring 24 flights of critical medical, food and shelter supplies to Port Au Prince. Pretty impressive, but the needs are still great and their efforts are continuing.
On Saturday, Apil 10, 1st & Alton hosts Rehabili-Haitian, a fundraiser to support their ongoing Haiti Food Distribution programs and a proposed pediatric amputee rehabilitation center. There is a $20 entrance fee/donation for the event that starts at 6 p.m. with local musicians like Cleaveland Jones performing and DJs spinning all night. Guests will enjoy complimentary Grey Goose and Bombay Sapphire cocktails from 6 p.m. till 9 p.m. and 100% of your donation will go to 1st & Alton's Haitian relief efforts.
A silent auction will be available with items like weekend getaways at the Mondrian, Shore Club, Eden Roc and Cove Atlantis hotels, gift certificates to locale restauraunts, spa treatments, tickets to New World Symphony concerts and more.
This is a great way to support the continued efforts to help the Haitian people rebuild as well as to meet the people behind this incredible web-based humanitarian movement.
Rehabili-Haitian, Saturday, April 10, 6 p.m.- midnight.; The Mutiny Hotel, 2951 South Bayshore Dr., Miami; www.1standalton.org.
See and Do
- Bayfront Park hosts tree lighting event to kick off holiday season
- Momix will perform and teach a master class at Broward Center
- 17 Fun Things to Do This Holiday Week: Nov 23-29
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Nov. 20-22
- ‘Newsies’ dances its way back to South Florida with a charming leading man
- Some Miami Book Fair events of note (in a weekend of hundreds)
- Miami Book Fair, a literary cornucopia, kicks off
- Give Miami Day, Nov. 19, is a chance to support Miami charities
- 15 things to do with the kids this week: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Nov. 13-15