Support 1st&Alton's continued efforts to raise money for the victims of Haiti's tragic earthquake.
1st & Alton is a grassroots Haiti-relief movement which utilized Facebook to collect individual, community and corporate donations in excess of $7 million for earthquake victims. The group has overseen 250 volunteers helping 2000 donors bring 24 flights of critical medical, food and shelter supplies to Port Au Prince. Pretty impressive, but the needs are still great and their efforts are continuing.
On Saturday, Apil 10, 1st & Alton hosts Rehabili-Haitian, a fundraiser to support their ongoing Haiti Food Distribution programs and a proposed pediatric amputee rehabilitation center. There is a $20 entrance fee/donation for the event that starts at 6 p.m. with local musicians like Cleaveland Jones performing and DJs spinning all night. Guests will enjoy complimentary Grey Goose and Bombay Sapphire cocktails from 6 p.m. till 9 p.m. and 100% of your donation will go to 1st & Alton's Haitian relief efforts.
A silent auction will be available with items like weekend getaways at the Mondrian, Shore Club, Eden Roc and Cove Atlantis hotels, gift certificates to locale restauraunts, spa treatments, tickets to New World Symphony concerts and more.
This is a great way to support the continued efforts to help the Haitian people rebuild as well as to meet the people behind this incredible web-based humanitarian movement.
Rehabili-Haitian, Saturday, April 10, 6 p.m.- midnight.; The Mutiny Hotel, 2951 South Bayshore Dr., Miami; www.1standalton.org.
Rehabili-Haitian, Saturday, April 10, 6 p.m.- midnight
The Mutiny Hotel, 2951 South Bayshore Dr., Miami
Details: $20 donation as entrance fee; complimentary cocktails from 6 - 9 p.m.
More info: www.1standalton.org.
See and Do
- Miami Bike Paths Guide
- Free and cheap events in Miami this weekend
- 6 Best Things To Do Inside in Miami When It's Hot as Balls Outside
- Planning Your Girlfriend Getaway in Miami
- Five ways to punish Miami drivers who keep plowing through the poles to get to the I-95 express lanes
- 15 cultural events in Miami you can't miss - June 16-30
- 13 hot events in Miami in July 2016
- Fourth of July Guide: Where to watch fireworks in South Florida on July 4
- Five reasons you should dress like an early 20th century Irishman on Bloomsday
- Top 4 events during Irie Weekend