Support 1st&Alton's continued efforts to raise money for the victims of Haiti's tragic earthquake.
1st & Alton is a grassroots Haiti-relief movement which utilized Facebook to collect individual, community and corporate donations in excess of $7 million for earthquake victims. The group has overseen 250 volunteers helping 2000 donors bring 24 flights of critical medical, food and shelter supplies to Port Au Prince. Pretty impressive, but the needs are still great and their efforts are continuing.
On Saturday, Apil 10, 1st & Alton hosts Rehabili-Haitian, a fundraiser to support their ongoing Haiti Food Distribution programs and a proposed pediatric amputee rehabilitation center. There is a $20 entrance fee/donation for the event that starts at 6 p.m. with local musicians like Cleaveland Jones performing and DJs spinning all night. Guests will enjoy complimentary Grey Goose and Bombay Sapphire cocktails from 6 p.m. till 9 p.m. and 100% of your donation will go to 1st & Alton's Haitian relief efforts.
A silent auction will be available with items like weekend getaways at the Mondrian, Shore Club, Eden Roc and Cove Atlantis hotels, gift certificates to locale restauraunts, spa treatments, tickets to New World Symphony concerts and more.
This is a great way to support the continued efforts to help the Haitian people rebuild as well as to meet the people behind this incredible web-based humanitarian movement.
Rehabili-Haitian, Saturday, April 10, 6 p.m.- midnight.; The Mutiny Hotel, 2951 South Bayshore Dr., Miami; www.1standalton.org.
Rehabili-Haitian, Saturday, April 10, 6 p.m.- midnight
The Mutiny Hotel, 2951 South Bayshore Dr., Miami
Details: $20 donation as entrance fee; complimentary cocktails from 6 - 9 p.m.
More info: www.1standalton.org.
See and Do
- 5 kinds of guys you'll wind up meeting in Miami's dating scene
- So you think you can dance? Prove it on National Dance Day with the Miami City Ballet
- 7 things you must taste when in Miami
- 9 Instagram-Worthy Photo Opps in Miami
- 10 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - July 22-24
- Things we discovered on a 74-mile car trip on the Tamiami Trail from Miami to Naples
- Finding craft beer at Miami sports venues
- 9 events you can't miss in Miami - August 2016
- 9 weird things you see in Miami
- Are these are the best places in Miami to propose to your loved one?