Reggaetón Duo Alexis y Fido to Headline Finish Line Concert
On the sand
Miami Beach is ready to rock...and run.
Thousands of runners will take over the streets of South Beach on Sunday for the 2nd annual St. Jude Latin Music Miami Beach Half Marathon. Celebrating 50 years of finding cures and saving lives of countless children, St. Jude is a premier center for the research and treatment of pediatric cancer and other deadly childhood diseases.
The course starts and finishes at Lummus Park in South Beach, and takes runners across both the Julia Tuttle and MacArthur Causeways, which stretch over Biscayne Bay.
Latin Grammy nominated Puerto Rican artists Raul “Alexis” Ortiz and Joel “Fido” Martinez, better known as reggaetón duo Alexis y Fido, will headline the finish line concert on the beach at Lummus Park between 8th and 10th Streets. “Alexis y Fido will keep the 13.1-mile block party going with their infectious songs that will offer a memorable celebration for participants and spectators alike,” said Natalie Miyake, Event Manager for the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series.
Their debut album, 2005’s “The Pitbulls” debuted at the No. 2 spot on Billboard’s Top Heatseekers and the Latin Rhythm charts and at the No. 4 spot on the Top Latin Albums chart, eventually reaching gold status with more than 500,000 copies sold worldwide. Their debut single, 2005’s “Eso Ehh!,” remained steadfast in the Top 10 of Billboard’s Hot Latin Singles chart for ten consecutive weeks and, in addition, was featured in an episode of HBO's critically acclaimed series The Wire and on the hit television series Entourage.
For more information, visit Competitor.com or follow @RunRocknRoll on Twitter.
On Our Radar
- A Year in Pitbull
- Kylie and Kendall Jenner seen all over Miami for Art Basel
- Bon Jovi puts on private concert for SiriusXM in Miami Beach
- Sarah Jessica Parker gets her Basel on for the first time
- Cheech Marin is promoting a new ‘substance’ in Miami
- Heidi Klum: She’s an artist, too
- Fidel Castro is dead. Miami's Cuban exiles celebrate.
- Andy Cohen talks about celebrity gossip in latest book
- Report: An 'exhausted' Kanye West cancels tour, is hospitalized
- Singer Kesha in Miami for charity