Redland International Orchid Festival
Orchid lovers converge at Fruit & Spice Park this weekend for the biggest orchid festival in the country.
Orchid lovers rejoice!
The country’s largest celebration of the most cosmopolitan of flowers (orchids occur in almost every habitat save glaciers) returns for a three-day orchid bonanza featuring more than 50 vendors from around the world, lectures by experts, walking tours of the Fruit & Spice Park as well as arts & crafts.
The fun runs Friday through Sunday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Fruit & Spice Park, 24801 SW 187th Ave., Homestead. $10. More information at www.FruitandSpicePark.org.
See and Do
- Accessible Art: Caribbean-centric exhibition by Haitian artist, Locust Projects wins first NEA grant, and is the Museum of Art Fort Lauderdale expanding?
- Munchkin Fun's 22 fun things to do with the kids Dec 16-21
- 'We Will Rock You' is a guilty pleasure for Queen fans
- Cheech and Chong perform this Sunday at the Hard Rock Live
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Dec. 13-15
- 'Making God Laugh' mines sobering truths
- Found Footage Festival keeps videotape alive
- ‘We Will Rock You’ is built on Queen’s flamboyant rock music
- Accessible Art: Art Basel sets attendance record, color in time and space with Carlos Cruz-Diez, and the Bakehouse Art Complex builds first public metal-casting foundry
- Munchkin Fun's 22 fun things to do with the kids Dec 9-14