Red Bull King of the Rock comes to Miami
Red Bull's one-on-one Basketball Tournament will give Miami player a spot at the Finals on Alcatraz.
Miami's top basketball players will face off at the Miami qualifier for Red Bull King of the Rock, a one-on-one basketball tournament with the finals held on the island of Alcatraz.
In 2010, Red Bull King of the Rock went down in history as the first official sporting event ever to be held on Alcatraz and the first time basketball had been played on The Rock since the inmates left the island over 50 years ago. Now in its third year, the global one-on-one basketball tournament will return with the most competitive field to date.
Bigger and better than ever, Red Bull King of the Rock has expanded to qualifiers in 27 countries, including 33 in the United States. From these qualifiers, 64 finalists will head to the island to put it all on the line in The Yard on Alcatraz on September 22.
There are only two options: win and continue on, or lose and go home. Games will last five minutes and be subject to regulation hoops rules and scoring (two and three pointers). Only the first 64 players to register will be accepted into the competition, so players should arrive early if they want to compete.
The qualifier is open to amateur and pros alike, however players must be 16 years of age or older to participate. Participants under the age of 18 will need to have a parent or guardian present to sign a waiver at the qualifier.
More info at www.redbullusa.com/kingoftherock.
Red Bull King of the Rock
Saturday, July 21
5 p.m. - Registration Opens
6 p.m. - Competition Begins
Jose Marti Park, 351 SW Fourth Street, Miami
See and Do
- Super 8 Motels is ditching its old art and it can be yours
- 7 Reactions Cuban Americans Had to Fidel Castro’s Death
- Events in Miami in December 2016
- Courtney Love can now scratch musical theater off her bucket list
- Five Things to do After Stuffing Yourself on Thanksgiving
- All the feels locals have during Art Basel
- Weekend events in Miami that won't leave you broke - Nov. 18-20
- Six Things you didn’t know about Miami Children’s Museum
- Robot bartenders and a 10-story slide. That’s life on the world's biggest cruise ship
- Miami's coolest events courtesy of Prism Creative Group - Nov. 15-30