Red Bull Curates: Canvas Cooler Project winners on display at SCOPE Miami
Artists competed in three cities to have their work displayed during Art Basel Weekend
Ten of the nation’s top emerging contemporary artists are headed to SCOPE Miami during Art Basel (Dec. 4 – 9, 2012) to showcase their work in a group show after being chosen as winners in a nationwide series of competitive gallery showcases.
Red Bull Curates: Canvas Cooler Project paired emerging artists in Los Angeles, Chicago and New York with local venue owners to create custom and functional pieces of art which are now on permanent display in some of the hottest bars, lounges and restaurants in each city.
Artists were handpicked and given a one-day challenge to transform a blank canvas-wrapped Red Bull cooler into an inspired work of art.
The show will take place at SCOPE Pavilion (110 N.E. 36 St.) in Midtown and will be open from Dec. 4 - 8 from 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. and Dec. 9 from 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
To RSVP visit www.redbullusa.com/curates
- Kendrick Lamar performs arty set at Faena Dome
- Miami Art Week Madness is reaching its apex, sorta
- Art Basel recap: Pasta art, Prizm highlights and the most super art show ever
- Miami Art Week: We're off to the races
- A giant head, live music at Brickell City Centre and new digs for the Rubell Family Collection
- Miami Art Week kicks off with big events at Faena Arts District
- Faena Forum takes to the streets to celebrate its grand opening just in time for Art Basel
- Art Week shows to check out at Miami's local museums
- A-Z List: Art Basel Celebrity Parties
- Women artists to look out for during Miami Art Week