Red Bull Curates: Canvas Cooler Project winners on display at SCOPE Miami
Artists competed in three cities to have their work displayed during Art Basel Weekend
Ten of the nation’s top emerging contemporary artists are headed to SCOPE Miami during Art Basel (Dec. 4 – 9, 2012) to showcase their work in a group show after being chosen as winners in a nationwide series of competitive gallery showcases.
Red Bull Curates: Canvas Cooler Project paired emerging artists in Los Angeles, Chicago and New York with local venue owners to create custom and functional pieces of art which are now on permanent display in some of the hottest bars, lounges and restaurants in each city.
Artists were handpicked and given a one-day challenge to transform a blank canvas-wrapped Red Bull cooler into an inspired work of art.
The show will take place at SCOPE Pavilion (110 N.E. 36 St.) in Midtown and will be open from Dec. 4 - 8 from 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. and Dec. 9 from 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
To RSVP visit www.redbullusa.com/curates
- Actor Jeremy Piven backs out of InterContinental Miami Hotel digital unveiling, felt image of sultry dancing woman was too risque, bad for image
- No breakfast art by Jennifer Rubell this year during Art Basel Week
- Party Patrol: Art Basel Music Edition
- Basel Blog
- Invader premieres film Art4Space during Art Basel
- Art Basel Kids Guide
- Heineken Mural Project brings beer, bikes and (of course) huge murals to Wynwood for Art Basel
- Celebrity Reflection debuts impressive art collection
- FashionArtWalls captures Wynwood’s splendor in time for Art Basel
- Tips to Navigate Art Basel Miami Beach like a veteran