Red Bull Curates: Canvas Cooler Project winners on display at SCOPE Miami
Artists competed in three cities to have their work displayed during Art Basel Weekend
Ten of the nation’s top emerging contemporary artists are headed to SCOPE Miami during Art Basel (Dec. 4 – 9, 2012) to showcase their work in a group show after being chosen as winners in a nationwide series of competitive gallery showcases.
Red Bull Curates: Canvas Cooler Project paired emerging artists in Los Angeles, Chicago and New York with local venue owners to create custom and functional pieces of art which are now on permanent display in some of the hottest bars, lounges and restaurants in each city.
Artists were handpicked and given a one-day challenge to transform a blank canvas-wrapped Red Bull cooler into an inspired work of art.
The show will take place at SCOPE Pavilion (110 N.E. 36 St.) in Midtown and will be open from Dec. 4 - 8 from 11 a.m. – 7 p.m. and Dec. 9 from 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.
To RSVP visit www.redbullusa.com/curates
- Art work donated to FIU by Jorge Pérez may be forgery
- Accessible Art: Art Basel sets attendance record, color in time and space with Carlos Cruz-Diez, and the Bakehouse Art Complex builds first public metal-casting foundry
- Cindy Crawford pays visit to Art Miami for debut of work in her likeness
- FAILE Brings Their Interactive Deluxx Fluxx Arcade Installation to South Beach
- De Nolet festival brings together performance art, music and Ketel One cocktails
- Wynwood-based Spinello Projects unveils exhibit in Art Basel's competitive Nova sector
- Miami muralist Krave leads team of artists to spotlight Wynwood Central during Art Basel
- KIND hosts community mural project
- Art Basel opens this week in an increasingly cultured city
- Accessible Art: Arsht Center exhibit fuses fashion and art, a call for artists at Segafredo, and the Wolfsonian-FIU presents Rebirth of Rome