Red Bull Art of Can
One man's energy drink is another man's art.
Red Bull Art of the Can
Ocean Drive & 9th Street, Miami Beach
All those Red Bull cans you tossed -- ahem, recycled -- could have been used to create great works of art such as the 47 that will be on display on Ocean Drive and 9th Street in South Beach from March 3rd through the 14th. Artists were challenged to create a piece using cans from Red Bull Energy Drink, Red Bull Sugarfree or Red Bull Cola as the primary medium. The number of cans used in the artwork ranged from one to thousands.
Included in this unique collection of artwork, curated by ARTCENTER/South Florida's Jeremy Chestler, is an eight-foot wall of Egyptian hieroglyphics, a couture gown, a likeliness of Aztec god Quetzalcoatl and a hula dancer.
A panel of judges was selected to review the submissions and special awards will be given to the top three pieces, including a grand prize trip to Art Basel in Switzerland. The public will also have a chance to cast their votes at the exhibition to determine who will receive the "People's Choice Award."
The event is free and runs March 3 - 14 on Ocean Drive and 9th Street in South Beach. For more information visit www.redbullartofcan.com.
See and Do
- 'Book of Mormon,' 'Newsies' headline Arsht Center's next season
- Puppet shows, storytimes, spring break & 10 other fun things to do this week
- ‘War Horse’ brings its imaginative, moving drama to Miami’s Arsht Center
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Mar. 7-9
- Calle Ocho: 5 Things we are excited about this year
- Daddy Yankee reigns as the King of Calle Ocho
- Fair freebies, 110 years of Dr Seuss, Lego builds & 10 other fun things to do this week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Feb. 28-Mar. 2
- Carnaval on the Mile kicks off a busy month in Miami
- Whoopi Goldberg heads to the Arsht Center for a night of laughs