Red Bull Art of Can
One man's energy drink is another man's art.
Red Bull Art of the Can
Ocean Drive & 9th Street, Miami Beach
All those Red Bull cans you tossed -- ahem, recycled -- could have been used to create great works of art such as the 47 that will be on display on Ocean Drive and 9th Street in South Beach from March 3rd through the 14th. Artists were challenged to create a piece using cans from Red Bull Energy Drink, Red Bull Sugarfree or Red Bull Cola as the primary medium. The number of cans used in the artwork ranged from one to thousands.
Included in this unique collection of artwork, curated by ARTCENTER/South Florida's Jeremy Chestler, is an eight-foot wall of Egyptian hieroglyphics, a couture gown, a likeliness of Aztec god Quetzalcoatl and a hula dancer.
A panel of judges was selected to review the submissions and special awards will be given to the top three pieces, including a grand prize trip to Art Basel in Switzerland. The public will also have a chance to cast their votes at the exhibition to determine who will receive the "People's Choice Award."
The event is free and runs March 3 - 14 on Ocean Drive and 9th Street in South Beach. For more information visit www.redbullartofcan.com.
See and Do
- What to do with kids in Miami June 17-23
- '8cho' flies into the Arsht Center
- Cesar Millan, the Dog Whisperer, in Miami Beach to show us how to be the alpha dog
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - June 14-16
- Redland Summer Fruit Festival offers sweet and juicy fun in South Dade
- What to do with kids in Miami June 10-16
- Barefoot Wine Beach Rescue Project
- Big Gus of Spike TV's "Tattoo Nightmares" brings the ink to Miami's TattooLaPalooza
- Sky Riders at Miami Seaquarium
- Dino Island returns to the Miami Children's Museum