Red Bull Art of Can
One man's energy drink is another man's art.
Red Bull Art of the Can
Ocean Drive & 9th Street, Miami Beach
All those Red Bull cans you tossed -- ahem, recycled -- could have been used to create great works of art such as the 47 that will be on display on Ocean Drive and 9th Street in South Beach from March 3rd through the 14th. Artists were challenged to create a piece using cans from Red Bull Energy Drink, Red Bull Sugarfree or Red Bull Cola as the primary medium. The number of cans used in the artwork ranged from one to thousands.
Included in this unique collection of artwork, curated by ARTCENTER/South Florida's Jeremy Chestler, is an eight-foot wall of Egyptian hieroglyphics, a couture gown, a likeliness of Aztec god Quetzalcoatl and a hula dancer.
A panel of judges was selected to review the submissions and special awards will be given to the top three pieces, including a grand prize trip to Art Basel in Switzerland. The public will also have a chance to cast their votes at the exhibition to determine who will receive the "People's Choice Award."
The event is free and runs March 3 - 14 on Ocean Drive and 9th Street in South Beach. For more information visit www.redbullartofcan.com.
See and Do
- Bayfront Park hosts tree lighting event to kick off holiday season
- Momix will perform and teach a master class at Broward Center
- 17 Fun Things to Do This Holiday Week: Nov 23-29
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Nov. 20-22
- ‘Newsies’ dances its way back to South Florida with a charming leading man
- Some Miami Book Fair events of note (in a weekend of hundreds)
- Miami Book Fair, a literary cornucopia, kicks off
- Give Miami Day, Nov. 19, is a chance to support Miami charities
- 15 things to do with the kids this week: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - Nov. 13-15