Recycled Fashion Show, Superheroes: Restyled! struts into Young At Art
Young designers give superheroes costumes an eco-friendly reboot at this fashion show.
Young at Art Museum will be will be hosting its 8th-Annual Recycled Fashion Show with a new superhero theme. Teen designers will use recycled materials such as newspaper and recycled plastics to create one-of-a-kind designs influenced by classic comic book superheroes.
Superheroes: Restyled! will include music, appetizers and libations by Whole Foods Market Plantation and Pembroke Pines, a martini bar by Blue Martini, a swag bar, a “Gently Loved” Recycled Designer Handbag silent auction and “up-cycled” décor by IKEA Sunrise. All proceeds will be used to support Young at Art’s teen leadership and at-risk youth programs.
Designers will include teens from Young at Art's Museum Teen Leadership Program and PACE Center for girls. The designers worked with Sharon Ali, the creative directors of Scarlet Letter Productions, to learn more about the fundamentals of fashion design.
Tally Mayer, one of the teen designers from the Young At Art's Museum Teen Leadership Program, is looking forward to this Friday's show and the message it's sending to the audience.
"It's great because it gives awareness to the people that our environment is sacred," said Mayer.
The teens modeling the recycled outfits for Superheroes: Restyled! will have their hair, nails and make-up styled by Kaizen Beauty Academy to impress judges who will determine first, second and third place awards.
Renowned fashion/image consultant and author Mary Giuseffi will be the MC for the evening.
Recycled Fashion Show, Superheroes: Restyled!
7 p.m. Friday
Young At Art Museum, 751 SW 121st Ave., Davie
$35 at youngatart.com
See and Do
- 5 Quintessential Palm Beach Experiences You Can Have this Weekend
- Ultimate Guide to Broward County Museums
- 11 Places to Listen to Live Music Every Night in Miami
- 9 ways to know you are at a Miami baby shower
- 5 places to cool down in Miami
- Miami voted best city for facial hair - free trims this weekend for all
- Ultimate Guide to Miami's Museums
- 10 ways to know you are at a Miami wedding
- 5 Miami neighborhoods that are developing arts communities
- 13 free and cheap things to do in Miami this weekend - May 20-22