Reality sidekick opening Japanese restaurant
Wait for it... Jonathan Cheban is branching out from the Kardashian empire.
Why? Because of a restaurant he wants to open. It's called Sushi MiKasa, described as a "high-end omakase-centered Japanese eatery" that debuted in New York earlier this year.
“I’m excited to bring my favorite restaurant to one my favorite cities,” says Cheban. “Now that we’ve found the perfect location, Chef Kevin and I can’t wait for Miami to enjoy the unparalleled Sushi MiKasa experience,” said the PR guy in a statement (since he's a publicist we're guessing he wrote his own release.)
Cheban smartly teamed up with Sushi MiKasa founder Chef Kevin, of the Upper East Side’s famed Sushi Seki, to bring a "unique" experience to locals. Kevin's known for homemade sauces and inventive pairings (Kampachi Yellowtail with jalapeño sauce) that will be on the menu along with salads, soups, hot dishes and appetizers like edamame, Miso Soup, and Seaweed Salad, along with signature creations, including Tuna Pizza, a wafer topped with tuna slices and trufﬂe sauce.
The decor is by interior designer Josh Wollowick, who pays homage to the Art Deco past of South Beach; walls are draped in peacock blue velvet and complemented by gold metallic accents. Lacquered black dining chairs and grey leather banquettes are paired with highly polished teak tables.
The resto's inside Shelborne South Beach at 18 St and Collins Avenue.
For more information call 305.535.3500 or visit www.sushimikasa.com
On Our Radar
- Victoria's Angel model in Miami for 2 appearances
- Dying to see Jason Alexander at FLIFF?
- Want to spend New Year's Eve with Pitbull?
- Make-A-Wish Ball celebrates 20 years at the InterContinental Miami with Diana Ross performance, Oz theme
- Jingle Ball lineup includes big music names
- Stars come out for Book of Life premiere
- Launch of new Arts & Entertainment District features free coffee on Wednesdays
- Report: Miami ranks No. 1 for attractive people, nightclubs and singles scene
- CIndy Crawford does cocktails in Miami
- One Direction's Harry Styles does Miami