Reality sidekick opening Japanese restaurant
Wait for it... Jonathan Cheban is branching out from the Kardashian empire.
Why? Because of a restaurant he wants to open. It's called Sushi MiKasa, described as a "high-end omakase-centered Japanese eatery" that debuted in New York earlier this year.
“I’m excited to bring my favorite restaurant to one my favorite cities,” says Cheban. “Now that we’ve found the perfect location, Chef Kevin and I can’t wait for Miami to enjoy the unparalleled Sushi MiKasa experience,” said the PR guy in a statement (since he's a publicist we're guessing he wrote his own release.)
Cheban smartly teamed up with Sushi MiKasa founder Chef Kevin, of the Upper East Side’s famed Sushi Seki, to bring a "unique" experience to locals. Kevin's known for homemade sauces and inventive pairings (Kampachi Yellowtail with jalapeño sauce) that will be on the menu along with salads, soups, hot dishes and appetizers like edamame, Miso Soup, and Seaweed Salad, along with signature creations, including Tuna Pizza, a wafer topped with tuna slices and trufﬂe sauce.
The decor is by interior designer Josh Wollowick, who pays homage to the Art Deco past of South Beach; walls are draped in peacock blue velvet and complemented by gold metallic accents. Lacquered black dining chairs and grey leather banquettes are paired with highly polished teak tables.
The resto's inside Shelborne South Beach at 18 St and Collins Avenue.
For more information call 305.535.3500 or visit www.sushimikasa.com
On Our Radar
- Ben & Jerry’s Free Ice Cream Tasting
- Joanna Krupa puts apartment up for sale
- Former 'Queer Eye' designer Thom Filicia lends his touch to new condo in Edgewater
- Key West company featured on 'The Profit'
- Miami Beach, Miami Gardens among nation’s most dangerous suburbs
- George Lopez talks 'Saint George' and 'Rio 2'
- Old Spice Guy Isaiah Mustafa spreads the love
- Will Smith seen relaxing at Zuma
- Local designer wins Lifetime's 'Under the Gunn'
- 'House of Cards' star Kevin Spacey dines out