Real Wolf of Wall Street coming to Miami
Now a motivational speaker
Seen the Oscar-nominated movie starring Leonardo DiCaprio? Now’s your chance to meet the real “Wolf of Wall Street.” Jordan Belfort is embarking on the so-called The Truth Behind His Success tour. The disgraced stockbroker — who served 22 months for securities fraud and money-laundering — has turned motivational speaker and wants to help you. But the sleekster is not making money off this tour. Belfort says in a release that he will give 100 percent of all profits back to investors who lost money during his reign at the Stratton Oakmont brokerage house in the late ’80s and early ’90s as restitution.
Belfort’s two local stops are Sept. 17 at the Au Rene Theater in Fort Lauderdale and Sept. 18 at the James L. Knight Performing Arts Center.
On Our Radar
- Victoria's Angel model in Miami for 2 appearances
- Dying to see Jason Alexander at FLIFF?
- Want to spend New Year's Eve with Pitbull?
- Make-A-Wish Ball celebrates 20 years at the InterContinental Miami with Diana Ross performance, Oz theme
- Jingle Ball lineup includes big music names
- Stars come out for Book of Life premiere
- Launch of new Arts & Entertainment District features free coffee on Wednesdays
- Report: Miami ranks No. 1 for attractive people, nightclubs and singles scene
- CIndy Crawford does cocktails in Miami
- One Direction's Harry Styles does Miami