Real Wolf of Wall Street coming to Miami
Now a motivational speaker
Seen the Oscar-nominated movie starring Leonardo DiCaprio? Now’s your chance to meet the real “Wolf of Wall Street.” Jordan Belfort is embarking on the so-called The Truth Behind His Success tour. The disgraced stockbroker — who served 22 months for securities fraud and money-laundering — has turned motivational speaker and wants to help you. But the sleekster is not making money off this tour. Belfort says in a release that he will give 100 percent of all profits back to investors who lost money during his reign at the Stratton Oakmont brokerage house in the late ’80s and early ’90s as restitution.
Belfort’s two local stops are Sept. 17 at the Au Rene Theater in Fort Lauderdale and Sept. 18 at the James L. Knight Performing Arts Center.
On Our Radar
- Wilmer Valderrama in Miami
- Vanilla Ice headed to the Design District?
- Thrive Seminar, Nelson Foundation will award local entrepreneur $10,000 on Thursday on Miami Beach
- Comedian Jo Koy at Magic City Casino
- Want to get gorgeous fast? Glamsquad is one solution
- Puff Daddy and pals to take stage at Fontainebleau
- Miami Marlins star Giancarlo Stanton single & looking
- Brandon Flowers cancels Fillmore concert
- Zac Efron makes surprise visit to Regal, spins at Grand Central
- Ice Cube and co in town for 'Straight Outta Compton'