Real Wolf of Wall Street coming to Miami
Now a motivational speaker
Seen the Oscar-nominated movie starring Leonardo DiCaprio? Now’s your chance to meet the real “Wolf of Wall Street.” Jordan Belfort is embarking on the so-called The Truth Behind His Success tour. The disgraced stockbroker — who served 22 months for securities fraud and money-laundering — has turned motivational speaker and wants to help you. But the sleekster is not making money off this tour. Belfort says in a release that he will give 100 percent of all profits back to investors who lost money during his reign at the Stratton Oakmont brokerage house in the late ’80s and early ’90s as restitution.
Belfort’s two local stops are Sept. 17 at the Au Rene Theater in Fort Lauderdale and Sept. 18 at the James L. Knight Performing Arts Center.
On Our Radar
- Glamorous red carpet for Miss Universe
- Christian Slater shows up at party
- Shaq: from basketball to law enforcement
- Amber Rose makes a splash in Miami
- Shannen Doherty talks new reality show
- Brazilian soccer star keeps the party going
- Joanna Krupa suing fellow Housewives star
- Magic Johnson at book appearance
- Justin Bieber misses another hearing
- Local attorney helps Linda Hogan