A real life Bachelor Pad in Miami Beach
Wayne Boich Jr plans are big
There are no real estate woes for the 1 percent. According to Kevin Tomlinson’s South Beach Condos Blog, three North Bay Road homes were recently sold for $19.6 million to 37-year-old Ohio coal mining heir Wayne Boich, Jr., who plans to knock down all three homes and build one big billionaire bachelor pad.
Boich’s ICON South Beach penthouse is currently under contract for somewhere in the market of $21 million, closing allegedly on Sept. 1. Boich is CEO of the eponymous Columbus-based Boich Group of Companies, which in 2008 teamed up with Ohio utility company FirstEnergy to buy the Signal Peak Coal Mine near Billings, Montana to create Signal Peak Energy. The company is also a big donor in political circles, too, especially to Speaker of the House John Boehner, a big supporter of clean coal efforts.
Boich, a LIV-fixture, is best known locally for dating Tara Reid and Joanna Krupa many moons ago, and for his big, star studded birthday bashes, his latest featuring DJ Avicii spinning at his penthouse. One of the homes he bought used to belong to former singer, beauty queen, Florida citrus spokesperson and anti-gay advocate Anita Bryant and then husband, late Miami DJ Bob Green back in 1982.
On Our Radar
- Justin Bieber settles paparazzo lawsuit
- Sara Bareilles to headline gala
- Boca Raton's Ariana Grande splits from rapper
- Bryan "Birdman" Williams pays up
- Luis Miguel takes a bath in real estate deal
- Michael Buble's Instagram post criticized
- Estefans’ star search is over for ‘On Your Feet’
- Artist Romero Britto sues Apple
- Dave Chappelle parties, Bow Wow holds court
- Mario Lopez serves as grand marshal at Miami Beach Gay Pride parade