A real life Bachelor Pad in Miami Beach
Wayne Boich Jr plans are big
There are no real estate woes for the 1 percent. According to Kevin Tomlinson’s South Beach Condos Blog, three North Bay Road homes were recently sold for $19.6 million to 37-year-old Ohio coal mining heir Wayne Boich, Jr., who plans to knock down all three homes and build one big billionaire bachelor pad.
Boich’s ICON South Beach penthouse is currently under contract for somewhere in the market of $21 million, closing allegedly on Sept. 1. Boich is CEO of the eponymous Columbus-based Boich Group of Companies, which in 2008 teamed up with Ohio utility company FirstEnergy to buy the Signal Peak Coal Mine near Billings, Montana to create Signal Peak Energy. The company is also a big donor in political circles, too, especially to Speaker of the House John Boehner, a big supporter of clean coal efforts.
Boich, a LIV-fixture, is best known locally for dating Tara Reid and Joanna Krupa many moons ago, and for his big, star studded birthday bashes, his latest featuring DJ Avicii spinning at his penthouse. One of the homes he bought used to belong to former singer, beauty queen, Florida citrus spokesperson and anti-gay advocate Anita Bryant and then husband, late Miami DJ Bob Green back in 1982.
On Our Radar
- What Adrienne Bailon wears to the beach
- Carlos Ponce: I would never run for president
- Emma Roberts: I need to visit Miami more often
- Pitbull makes Miami look good in 'Sexy Beaches' video
- 7 cool booths to visit at Agenda Miami
- 5 ways Colombians in Miami celebrated their independence day
- 5 Things We Loved at Premios Juventud
- You'll Never Guess Where 'The Rock' Calls his Favorite Place to Eat in Miami
- How to keep getting Miami.com on Facebook
- Pokemon Go Invades Miami and here’s our cheat sheet