Real Housewives of Miami step out
Enjoy premiere party at the Eden Roc
If you didn’t catch them on TV - The Real Housewives of Miami debuted 10 p.m. Tuesday on Bravo – then maybe you saw their fabulousness in the flesh.
The glam castmates came together for a launch party at the Eden Roc Renaissance Hotel on the night of Monday, Feb. 21 to introduce themselves to (hopefully) future fans.
Lea Black was the first to arrive, with hubby Roy Black and 9-year-old son R.J. in tow. Both were beaming.
“She had fun doing this so I’m happy for her,’’ said the famed defense attorney, adding with a wink: “Luckily I was away for most of the cameras and the shooting, though!’’
Asked what she was wearing, Lea couldn’t recall.
“I literally pulled this out of my closet!’’ she said of the black lace dress with beige slip. “It’s 15 years old.’’
Marysol Patton, in a strapless cocktail mini, seemed embarrassed by all the attention. “I was stalked,’’ said the 44-year-old PR maven. “I went out on Valentine’s Day with my husband, and there were photographers in the bushes!’’
Mom Elsa Patton – she of the recent DUI – showed her support for her daughter. When a bystander complimented her on her sleek, straight hair, the 76-year-old plastic surgery aficionado thanked her and blew a kiss .
“She’s the real star of the show,’’ said Bravo exec/personality Andy Cohen ( Watch What Happens).
Asked why the franchise picked up here, Cohen said, “Miami has got a touch of The O.C. and something else. It was a no-brainer.’’
On Our Radar
- Delray Beach rapper J Rand keeping it real in South Florida
- Pitbull isn't just Mr. 305, he's Mr. Florida
- Gabrielle Anwar set to marry this weekend
- William Levy celebrates 35th birthday in Miami
- LeBron James sells his Miami mansion
- World Cup champ Kelley O'Hara at the W
- Wilmer Valderrama in Miami
- Vanilla Ice headed to the Design District?
- Thrive Seminar, Nelson Foundation will award local entrepreneur $10,000 on Thursday on Miami Beach
- Comedian Jo Koy at Magic City Casino