Ratt still going round
Ratt came to Bayfront Park, with a severe case of Infestation!
Ten years have passed since Ratt last debuted a new album, but with the release of Infestation in April, the heavy metal rockers are back in full invasion mode. Known for '80s anthems Round and Round, Lay it Down and Wanted Man -- as well as their stylish videos, complete with Spandex and scantily clad women -- Ratt went on to sell more than 20 million albums worldwide and play more than 1,000 shows.
On tour to promote the new album, Ratt played Miami's Bayfront Park Friday with the Scorpions, who were on their farewell tour. We caught up with lead singer Stephen Pearcy, 51, after the show.
Q. What's it like playing Miami some 25 years after first playing the Hollywood Sportatorium?
A. Very cool. A lot of people out there, which helps.
Q. Did you think you'd still be doing this today?
A: I didn't think I'd be doing this two years after we started. But I mean it when I say … and I say it all the time - it doesn't matter if it's 10 people, a hundred, a thousand or ten thousand, it's all the same. It's a party.
Q: Do you have a favorite song to play live?
A: Of course Round...people go nuts for that. But I also like Lay it Down, and the new stuff is really cool. It's going over very well. Except when we do the shorter set, we can't throw in too many new songs. The next rodeo around we'll be doing the full set.
Q: How do you write songs?
A: It depends. Could start with a topic, a word. It could start with me seeing some woman walking across the street crying and wondering what she is freaking out about. It could also be a guitar riff from one of the guys, and we work it into a song.
Q: What do you think your legacy will be?
A: I laid it down and went round and round! Good music is all I care about.
On Our Radar
- Miami Dolphins watch party at EPIC pool
- Former Gators quarterback: What I like about Miami
- Nicki Minaj called out by mental health group for Miami Beach incident
- Why Miami will be glad to see 2016 end, in gifs
- A Year in Pitbull
- Kylie and Kendall Jenner seen all over Miami for Art Basel
- Bon Jovi puts on private concert for SiriusXM in Miami Beach
- Sarah Jessica Parker gets her Basel on for the first time
- Cheech Marin is promoting a new ‘substance’ in Miami
- Heidi Klum: She’s an artist, too