Rapper Flo Rida, manager no-shows at Heat game
Rapper Flo Rida and his manager, two of the Heat’s biggest fans, apparently aren't at the game.
The reason: Flo Rida’s manager “Freezy” may have been a bit too boisterous and aggressive at Game 1 and 2 of the NBA Finals at the American Airlines Arena.
Freezy, whose real name is Lee Prince, said he has been banned by the NBA from attending the next two final games at the Triple A after San Antonio Spurs coach Gregg Popovich called him a distraction Though Flo Rida wasn’t involved, he won’t be at the game either, according to Freezy. “We ride together,” he said. Flo Rida left for Las Vegas after hearing about the sanction. He’ll catch the gam there, Freezy says.
Freezy, who chose to remain in Miami, said NBA attorneys warned him not to show up. Otherwise, he’ll be arrested. He has asked his lawyer to appeal to the NBA to rescind the expulsion. “This is an act of discrimination,” he said, adding that he did no more than what any other fan would do at an NBA final: support the team and enjoy the game. “I am not an outside celebrity. I am a local fan and I’m gonna get emotional watching my team play,” Freezy said.
He said he never had any kind of interaction with Popovich and never threatened anyone during Game 1 and 2. During Game 7 of the Eastern Conference Finals between the Indiana Pacers and the Heat, footage showed Freezy being escorted out by security guards moments after an altercation erupted between Heat point guard Norris Cole and Pacers reservist Jeff Pendergraph. Both players were ejected.
On Our Radar
- Fort Lauderdale's Fish Tank Kings returns
- Wild and crazy guy: Steve O in town for shows
- Ben & Jerry’s Free Ice Cream Tasting
- Tax day cometh! Flo Rida pays his bill
- Joanna Krupa puts apartment up for sale
- Former 'Queer Eye' designer Thom Filicia lends his touch to new condo in Edgewater
- Key West company featured on 'The Profit'
- Miami Beach, Miami Gardens among nation’s most dangerous suburbs
- George Lopez talks 'Saint George' and 'Rio 2'
- Old Spice Guy Isaiah Mustafa spreads the love