Ralph Pagano leaves Gulfstream, brings French Italian to Sunny Isles' Solé on the Ocean
Pagano's the new Executive Chef of Sunny Isles hotel's Alba, debuting in October
Solé on the Ocean has hired former Executive Vice President of Hospitality of Gulfstream Park Racing and Casino and ex Hell's Kitchen and Iron Chef America contestant Ralph Pagano as executive chef of its French Italian restaurant Alba. The restaurant, to debut in October, is going with a French Italian "seaside" concept, featuring raw bar and, yep, you guessed it, "farm-to-table, locally sourced ingredients and handcrafted signature drinks."
Pagano, who will also serve as Director of Food and Beverage of the Sunny Isles Beach property, has agreed to host a nationally televised cooking competition show produced by O2 Media that will debut early September 2012 on Lifetime Television Network.
“Solé on the Ocean’s beachfront address and the opportunity to reinvent Alba seduced me like a siren,” he said.
- Ex-China Grill, Lantao Kitchen chef Ferdinand Ortiz Jr. named Mister Collins' new Executive Chef
- Ex Preservation chef Ryan Harrison heads up Giorgio Rapicavoli's Taperia Raca; menu here>>
- Tommy Hilfiger is buying, redoing The Raleigh; no comment from Michael Schwartz on restaurant's fate
- Carla Pellegrino's Touché Rooftop Lounge & Restaurant opening April 3
- The Villa by Barton G relaunches restaurant as Il Sole
- Java junkies! Tell us about your incurable coffee addiction & win a Keurig Special Edition Brewing System
- Bâoli does Omakase
- Hot sauce, happy hour & pinatas with free stuff at Huahua's Taqueria
- Locals, legends in the galley at SOBEWFF's Ocean Liner Dinner at The Wolfsonian
- Matt Ratcliffe, ex BLT Steak chef de cuisine, heads to Palm Beach as Buccan & Imoto execu chef