Ralph Pagano leaves Gulfstream, brings French Italian to Sunny Isles' Solé on the Ocean
Pagano's the new Executive Chef of Sunny Isles hotel's Alba, debuting in October
Solé on the Ocean has hired former Executive Vice President of Hospitality of Gulfstream Park Racing and Casino and ex Hell's Kitchen and Iron Chef America contestant Ralph Pagano as executive chef of its French Italian restaurant Alba. The restaurant, to debut in October, is going with a French Italian "seaside" concept, featuring raw bar and, yep, you guessed it, "farm-to-table, locally sourced ingredients and handcrafted signature drinks."
Pagano, who will also serve as Director of Food and Beverage of the Sunny Isles Beach property, has agreed to host a nationally televised cooking competition show produced by O2 Media that will debut early September 2012 on Lifetime Television Network.
“Solé on the Ocean’s beachfront address and the opportunity to reinvent Alba seduced me like a siren,” he said.
- Ex District chef, James Beard nominee Horacio Rivadero appointed executive chef at Tantalize
- More tacos on the way: Wapo Taco opening in Coral Gables
- DB Bistro Moderne Miami goes casual for the summer
- Sugar Factory American Brasserie to celebrate its Miami opening in June with Kylie Jenner
- Amy Kalinowski is the new pastry chef at Michael's Genuine Food & Drink
- PBS Chef Irie's May 7 Hidden Kitchen collaboration
- The Local Craft Food & Drink launches new menu at open-to-public party tonight
- Morimoto South Beach launches $65 'Greatest Hits' menu
- Vikram Katoch appointed new executive chef at Bianca
- Restaurant-season slowdown hits Miami