Ralph Pagano leaves Gulfstream, brings French Italian to Sunny Isles' Solé on the Ocean
Pagano's the new Executive Chef of Sunny Isles hotel's Alba, debuting in October
Solé on the Ocean has hired former Executive Vice President of Hospitality of Gulfstream Park Racing and Casino and ex Hell's Kitchen and Iron Chef America contestant Ralph Pagano as executive chef of its French Italian restaurant Alba. The restaurant, to debut in October, is going with a French Italian "seaside" concept, featuring raw bar and, yep, you guessed it, "farm-to-table, locally sourced ingredients and handcrafted signature drinks."
Pagano, who will also serve as Director of Food and Beverage of the Sunny Isles Beach property, has agreed to host a nationally televised cooking competition show produced by O2 Media that will debut early September 2012 on Lifetime Television Network.
“Solé on the Ocean’s beachfront address and the opportunity to reinvent Alba seduced me like a siren,” he said.
17315 Collins Ave.
Sunny Isles Beach
- How to get gourmet clean eating in South Beach
- RIP Randazzo's Little Italy in Coral Gables
- Who has Miami's favorite acai bowls? Yelp! weighs in
- Tap 42 opening second Miami location in ex-Aperio space in Midtown
- Nibble + Squeak dining club for "parents with pipsqueaks" launches in Miami August 24 at Mignonette
- The Rumor Mill: Murmurs of more Miami restaurant, market closings and chef firings . . .
- 305 Brews beer and coffee bar opening in August in Midtown Miami
- Alex Chang leaves The Vagabond, which will re-debut with new chef, new name
- Food Network chef Ben Vaughn joins Swine Southern Table & Bar for 2-month takeover
- Michael Pirolo, Aaron Brooks & Niven Patel join Kaytlin Brakefield on 3-course collab