Ralph Pagano leaves Gulfstream, brings French Italian to Sunny Isles' Solé on the Ocean
Pagano's the new Executive Chef of Sunny Isles hotel's Alba, debuting in October
Solé on the Ocean has hired former Executive Vice President of Hospitality of Gulfstream Park Racing and Casino and ex Hell's Kitchen and Iron Chef America contestant Ralph Pagano as executive chef of its French Italian restaurant Alba. The restaurant, to debut in October, is going with a French Italian "seaside" concept, featuring raw bar and, yep, you guessed it, "farm-to-table, locally sourced ingredients and handcrafted signature drinks."
Pagano, who will also serve as Director of Food and Beverage of the Sunny Isles Beach property, has agreed to host a nationally televised cooking competition show produced by O2 Media that will debut early September 2012 on Lifetime Television Network.
“Solé on the Ocean’s beachfront address and the opportunity to reinvent Alba seduced me like a siren,” he said.
- David's Cafe on Collins closing after 37 years
- Blackbrick Brings on the Brunch
- Pubbelly introduces PB Fish, a seafood pop-up at PB Steak starting April 8
- AQ by Acqualina, featuring Dewey LoSasso & Hiro's Yakko San
- Mansion morphing into "Miami-style country western line dancing" club with Blue Collar's Danny Serfer serving "large plates"
- Las Olas hot spot American Social opening in ex Waxy O'Connor's space
- Allen Susser's Daily Melt grilling the cheese up in Fort Lauderdale on April 1
- Brewery Ommegang's HopChef competition heads to Miami in April
- Nina Compton cooks at Swine Southern Table & Bar on April 24
- Loba, "Latin spice and Southern Comfort" coming to Biscayne Blvd.