Rain, Rain Go Away. Hotel Art Basel is Here To Stay
Hotels hosting hot and poppin' Art Basel shindigs this weekend.
So, it’s a little rainy. No worries-- the beat goes on. You didn’t come all the way to Miami to let a little rain stop your swagger. Here is a list of hotel events for you to sashay through.
Pimpin’, Pools and Parties @ Gansevoort South
Friday December 4, 2009:
Pulse Party- Pulse is throwing their yearly wrap party at Plunge rooftop pool and lounge tonight. Open bar is from 8 p.m. -10 p.m. for VIPs (you, of course), and there will be a synchronized swimming performance while the DJ spins until 3 a.m.
Saturday –Sunday, December 4-6th:
Surface Lounge- From 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., Surface Magazine will host Surface Lounge, an assortment of short films featuring artists from the Curated By Artikip series and a WiFi- ready Incase Media Lounge.
Sunday, December 6th:
Closing Party- Surface Magazine hosts a Closing Party, which includes an open bar at Louis, the hotel’s private nightclub from 9 p.m.-11 p.m. and features celebrity- commissioned designs. DJ Jessica Who will be spinning.
Gansevoort South, 2377 Collins Ave. Miami Beach, 305-604-1000.
Pool Art Fair @ The Cavalier Hotel
Friday December 4th -Sunday December 6th:
Join young modern art dealers, burgeoning art galleries and other artists at from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. with vernissage from 6 p.m. -10 p.m. on Friday.
The Cavalier Hotel, 1320 Ocean Dr., Miami Beach, 305-921-9605.
Art Intervention @ W Hotel
Saturday December 5th – Sunday December 6th
Join artists and lovers at the Art Intervention @ W Hotel by Rirkrit Tiravanija. It ends tomorrow, but W Hotel will also be hosting a Closing Party through Sunday.
W Hotel South Beach, 2201 Collins Ave. Miami Beach, 305-938-3000.
- Black Friday & Cyber Monday Hotel Travel Deals in Miami, South Florida, the Caribbean & Mexico
- SLS Brickell to open with Boy George at splashy party
- 10 Best Hotels for Art Lovers & Scenesters during Art Basel Miami Beach
- Get Lei'd at Campton Yard with 'Supermensch' Shep Gordon
- Cheers to four years of LDV Hospitality at Gale South Beach
- How to drop $500K on New Year’s Eve in Miami without even trying
- World Traveler (& Foodie) Guide to Miami Book Fair
- If you like these Miami hotels, you’ll love their new sister properties in desirable destinations
- A No Nonsense Guide to Doing South Beach like a Local
- Hotel Week NYC offers rooms as low as $100 in January