Rain, Rain Go Away. Hotel Art Basel is Here To Stay
Hotels hosting hot and poppin' Art Basel shindigs this weekend.
So, it’s a little rainy. No worries-- the beat goes on. You didn’t come all the way to Miami to let a little rain stop your swagger. Here is a list of hotel events for you to sashay through.
Pimpin’, Pools and Parties @ Gansevoort South
Friday December 4, 2009:
Pulse Party- Pulse is throwing their yearly wrap party at Plunge rooftop pool and lounge tonight. Open bar is from 8 p.m. -10 p.m. for VIPs (you, of course), and there will be a synchronized swimming performance while the DJ spins until 3 a.m.
Saturday –Sunday, December 4-6th:
Surface Lounge- From 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., Surface Magazine will host Surface Lounge, an assortment of short films featuring artists from the Curated By Artikip series and a WiFi- ready Incase Media Lounge.
Sunday, December 6th:
Closing Party- Surface Magazine hosts a Closing Party, which includes an open bar at Louis, the hotel’s private nightclub from 9 p.m.-11 p.m. and features celebrity- commissioned designs. DJ Jessica Who will be spinning.
Gansevoort South, 2377 Collins Ave. Miami Beach, 305-604-1000.
Pool Art Fair @ The Cavalier Hotel
Friday December 4th -Sunday December 6th:
Join young modern art dealers, burgeoning art galleries and other artists at from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. with vernissage from 6 p.m. -10 p.m. on Friday.
The Cavalier Hotel, 1320 Ocean Dr., Miami Beach, 305-921-9605.
Art Intervention @ W Hotel
Saturday December 5th – Sunday December 6th
Join artists and lovers at the Art Intervention @ W Hotel by Rirkrit Tiravanija. It ends tomorrow, but W Hotel will also be hosting a Closing Party through Sunday.
W Hotel South Beach, 2201 Collins Ave. Miami Beach, 305-938-3000.
- Inside North Beach's Hilton Cabana & L'Echon Brasserie
- Top Miami Hotels For Fitness
- Miami Summer Hotel Pool Guide
- Flash Sale on Hotels Across Florida, The Caribbean & Latin America Available on First Day of Summer
- Eventstar Founder & CEO Alain Perez Takes Us Inside His Tent Business
- Where To Stay in Miami On Your Way To The World Cup in Brazil
- Sizzling Summer Savings at Hotels Across South Florida - New Deals Added!
- The Getaway: St. Kitts by Land & Sea
- Hotel Openings On The Horizon Across Miami
- The National Hotel Miami Beach Completes $12 Million Renovation