Rag and Bone Fashion Show
Celebrated British designers Marcus Wainwright and David Neville commemorate the opening of their new Rag & Bone shop at Saks Bal Harbour with a pool-top show.
How did celebrated British designers Marcus Wainwright and David Neville commemorate the opening of their new Rag & Bone shop? With an over-the-pool-top fashion show at Soho Beach House, naturally. In Florida to launch their new shop-in-shop at Saks Bal Harbour, Wainwright says of the collection, “This particular group is pertinent to Miami — just look around at all the bright colors!”
While Wainwright refers to both himself and Neville as, “Two British lads on a mission to create the perfect pair of jeans,” it is evident their scope of work has surpassed this goal. In 2010, they snagged the coveted CFDA Menswear Designers of the Year award and have since become a cult classic amongst celebrities (LeAnn Rimes! Blake Lively! Miranda Kerr!) and discerning denim devotees alike. T
he designing duo produced a fashion presentation at swanky Soho Beach House last Thursday evening to showcase their Spring 2012 collection. For the first time ever, the House’s pool was transformed into a full-scale catwalk. Hosts Suzy Buckley, Rebecca Gentry, Jillian Jacobson, Cory Papunen, DJ Rascal, Alan Roth, Nikki Simkins, Deborah Slack and Josh Wagner brought swarms of people (over 300 guests!) to the poolside fashion show.
Beats by Radiohead, bites by Cecconi’s and sips by Grey Goose Vodka were aplenty as were Rag & Bone’s breezy turquoise pants, slinky tank dresses, citrus-colored jackets and slingback sandals. Wainwright adds, “This collection, in particular, was inspired by Burning Man and surfer culture.” As for the their take on the fashion show? “My favorite look was the turquoise pant with orange blazer,” Wainwright says of the evening’s event. Ditto that.
- Style Meets Social Good at Wine, Women & Shoes
- Fashion Week Comes to Coral Gables
- Fashion Shows kick off Miami Beach Centennial Celebration
- New York Fashion Week’s Beauty Trends Fit Miami’s Lifestyle
- Funkshion: Fashion Week Miami Beach Fall 2014
- Cotton’s 24 Hour Runway Show Returns to South Beach
- New York Fashion Week Spring 2015 Top Trends
- Nicolita brings swim fashion to Versailles
- Swim Week Trend Report 2014
- Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week SWIM runway reviews - Day 4