Rag & Bone Designers in Miami
Rag & Bone designers David Neville and Marcus Wainwright visit Saks Fifth Avenue Bal Harbour and throw an over-the-top fashion show.
We love a great friendship story and the designers behind New York-based Rag and Bone — Marcus Wainright and David Neville — are living proof that business and friends can indeed mix. Cronies since age 14, the designers hit Saks Fifth Avenue Bal Harbour to celebrate the opening of their shop-in-shop and later Soho Beach House for an over-the-top poolside fashion show. Here are some fun facts we learned about the British blokes.
1) “We met in boarding school in England where some days we had military training,” Marcus says.
2) “The name Rag & Bone is derived from a British term. The rag and bone man would would travel by horse and cart in search of scrap metal, rags and bones,” Marcus adds.
3) Both Marcus and David have been happliy married to their wives for six years. Marcus has three young children and David has two.
4) Neither Marcus or David had any formal fashion training and Rag & Bone came to be when both set out to make the perfect pair of jeans.
5) “In the beginning, we went to Kentucky and surrounded ourselves with women in their 60s who made jeans since age 16,” Marcus says.
6) If they weren’t busy behind the helm of a fashion empire, David would happily be a golfer and Marcus would be a diving instructor.
7) "Our Spring collection is perfect for the Miami woman because of its use of color and lighter fabrics," Marus says.
- Camper Shoes Sale
- NARS Loves Miami
- Ann Taylor Shopping Event
- Thalía Launches Line At Macy's
- Meet Designer Rebecca Taylor
- Shopping & Fashion Events Art Basel 2013
- ELLE Decor Modern Life Concept
- A Del Toro Pop Up and Art Basel Wynwood Happenings
- Maserati Ghibli — Check out the all-new sedan
- Melissa Shoes Pop-Up Miami Celebrates Art Basel