Rafael Nadal spends time in presidential suite
Other athletes around
Athletes abounded this past week. Rafael Nadal was spotted at the JW Marriott Marquis Miami preparing for his finals match against Novak Djokovic. Nadal spent two weeks in the hotel’s presidential suite during the tournament and on Saturday enjoyed the hotel’s media room to relax, watching soccer and getting game ready with a pre-finals meal, which included snapper, chicken fingers, side of wild rice, eggs and scallops. The women’s world No. 2-ranked and Sony Open runner-up Li Na was also spotted at the hotel. After defeating the Toronto Raptors Monday night, Miami Heat’s’ power forward Michael Beasley was seen celebrating at FDR at the Delano. Beasley and a friend arrived around 2 a.m. and, says our source, “let loose at his table, dancing, drinking vodka and having a great time until sometime around 4 a.m. when he called it a night and headed home.” Dennis Rodman was seen Thursday, feasting like a king — or at least like a gourmand — at the new AQ at Acqualina in Sunny Isles /Beach/ on filet mignon and bone marrow crostini.
On Our Radar
- Wilmer Valderrama in Miami
- Vanilla Ice headed to the Design District?
- Thrive Seminar, Nelson Foundation will award local entrepreneur $10,000 on Thursday on Miami Beach
- Comedian Jo Koy at Magic City Casino
- Want to get gorgeous fast? Glamsquad is one solution
- Puff Daddy and pals to take stage at Fontainebleau
- Miami Marlins star Giancarlo Stanton single & looking
- Brandon Flowers cancels Fillmore concert
- Zac Efron makes surprise visit to Regal, spins at Grand Central
- Ice Cube and co in town for 'Straight Outta Compton'