Rafa Marquez petitions to be allowed to see more of his kids
Mexican star Rafa Marquez, until recently the second-highest paid player in Major League Soccer, has petitioned a Miami court to be allowed to see more of his two young children. In court papers filed late Friday, the former captain of the Mexican World Cup team and ex-defender for the New York Red Bulls asked a judge here to intervene in tensions between him and ex-wife Adriana Lavat. Lavat, daughter of the famed Mexican actor Jorge Lavat, and the player have a 10-year-old boy and an 8-year-old girl.
They were divorced in 2008 after Marquez allegedly started an affair with the then-wife of Miami Beach singer Alejandro Sanz. Marquez and that woman, model Jaydy Michel, are now married. Marquez currently plays for the Mexican team of Leon since the Red Bulls released him in December. And Lavat lives in Miami, where she works as an actress on Spanish telenovelas. Lavat couldn’t be reached for comment. She has yet to respond to the filing.
On Our Radar
- Attend a Miami Vice discussion
- The Music of Miami Vice
- Miami Vice Quiz
- Which Miami Vice Detective Are You?
- Miami Vice Revisited - An Interactive Map
- Two local sisters compete on Amazing Race
- Talking to Bernice, 'South Beach Tow' fan favorite
- Celebrity spotting: NFL player and beauty queen
- Chris Bosh gets second mortgage on his house
- Breakout Boca singer Ariana Grande heading to AAA