Rafa Marquez petitions to be allowed to see more of his kids
Mexican star Rafa Marquez, until recently the second-highest paid player in Major League Soccer, has petitioned a Miami court to be allowed to see more of his two young children. In court papers filed late Friday, the former captain of the Mexican World Cup team and ex-defender for the New York Red Bulls asked a judge here to intervene in tensions between him and ex-wife Adriana Lavat. Lavat, daughter of the famed Mexican actor Jorge Lavat, and the player have a 10-year-old boy and an 8-year-old girl.
They were divorced in 2008 after Marquez allegedly started an affair with the then-wife of Miami Beach singer Alejandro Sanz. Marquez and that woman, model Jaydy Michel, are now married. Marquez currently plays for the Mexican team of Leon since the Red Bulls released him in December. And Lavat lives in Miami, where she works as an actress on Spanish telenovelas. Lavat couldn’t be reached for comment. She has yet to respond to the filing.
On Our Radar
- Chris Bosh launches neckwear collection
- Estelle paints the town red at Blue Martini
- Giving advice on the modeling industry
- Maks Chmerkovskiy dancing into town
- Want to buy Scottie Pippen's house?
- Meet Jason Taylor at Macy's
- Popular TV anchor Louis Aguirre leaving Miami for Hollywood gig
- Diana Ross headlining annual gala
- Duran Duran movie coming to Miami Beach Cinematheque
- Tryouts for Estefan musical at Arsht