Radiohead in Miami
Iconic band opens U.S. tour at AmericanAirlines Arena
For those unenlightened souls wondering what all the fuss is over Radiohead - it's because they're so f-ing special. And the Grammy-winning British art-rock band is coming back to tour the States for the first time since 2008, kicking it all off in none other than the Magic City. Yes, Radiohead hits the AmericanAirlines Arena in downtown Miami on Feb. 27, 2012.
It's nearly impossible to predict what the band - led by the edgy yet angelic-voiced Thom Yorke and searing guitarist Jonny Greenwood - might choose to play. From early hits such as "Creep," "High and Dry," "Fake Plastic Trees" and "Just" to more expansive, experimental works including "Paranoid Android," "Airbag," "Idioteque" and "Everything In Its Right Place" to newer anthemic and stripped-down rock from the albums "In Rainbows" and "The King of Limbs" - there's a mind-blowing range of styles to explore, plus remixes. The group could even break out new material it's been working on.
Tickets (price TBA and a limit of four per person) go on sale at 10 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 12 through Ticketmaster. Check out www.radiohead.com/tourdates for more info (and special presale tickets starting Wednesday).
Music in Miami
- Gloria Estefan headlines Miami Beach Centennial Concert on Thursday night
- Jazz In The Gardens: RUN-DMC storms the stage Sunday
- Jazz In The Gardens: Erykah Badu performs Sunday night
- Piano Guys bring pop-classical medleys to the Arsht Center
- Erykah Badu, Run DMC and Sheila E. highlight Jazz in the Gardens 10th anniversary line-up
- Roberto Rodriguez Quartet performs at the Olympia Theater's jazz series
- Virginia Key GrassRoots Festival Announces Lineup
- Jazz legends to light up New World Center
- Jacob Jeffries performs Wednesday at CANVAS in downtown Miami
- Fleetwood Mac’s reunion with Christine McVie akin to ‘performance art,’ band’s founder says