Radiohead in Miami
Iconic band opens U.S. tour at AmericanAirlines Arena
For those unenlightened souls wondering what all the fuss is over Radiohead - it's because they're so f-ing special. And the Grammy-winning British art-rock band is coming back to tour the States for the first time since 2008, kicking it all off in none other than the Magic City. Yes, Radiohead hits the AmericanAirlines Arena in downtown Miami on Feb. 27, 2012.
It's nearly impossible to predict what the band - led by the edgy yet angelic-voiced Thom Yorke and searing guitarist Jonny Greenwood - might choose to play. From early hits such as "Creep," "High and Dry," "Fake Plastic Trees" and "Just" to more expansive, experimental works including "Paranoid Android," "Airbag," "Idioteque" and "Everything In Its Right Place" to newer anthemic and stripped-down rock from the albums "In Rainbows" and "The King of Limbs" - there's a mind-blowing range of styles to explore, plus remixes. The group could even break out new material it's been working on.
Tickets (price TBA and a limit of four per person) go on sale at 10 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 12 through Ticketmaster. Check out www.radiohead.com/tourdates for more info (and special presale tickets starting Wednesday).
Music in Miami
- Miami Soul weekend guide: DanceAfrica Miami Reception, Juneteenth Miami Music Festival, Colors of the Caribbean
- Best of the Best returns for the tenth year with dancehall and reggae stars
- Joe Jonas talks DNCE, growing up Disney and his favorite place to party in Miami
- Review: Beyoncé slays on Formation tour’s opening night in Miami
- 7 reasons to see Andy Grammer at the Fontainebleau this Saturday
- Up-and-coming country star Kelsea Ballerini ready to take Tortuga Music Festival by storm this week
- Concert Review: Pearl Jam Packs a Punch at American Airlines Arena
- Tortuga Music Festival announces lineup, ticket sales
- A 7-year-old reviews Bruce Springsteen’s ‘The River Tour’ concert
- Concert Review: Bruce Springsteen captivates with a performance that displays a depth of emotions