Radiohead in Miami
Iconic band opens U.S. tour at AmericanAirlines Arena
For those unenlightened souls wondering what all the fuss is over Radiohead - it's because they're so f-ing special. And the Grammy-winning British art-rock band is coming back to tour the States for the first time since 2008, kicking it all off in none other than the Magic City. Yes, Radiohead hits the AmericanAirlines Arena in downtown Miami on Feb. 27, 2012.
It's nearly impossible to predict what the band - led by the edgy yet angelic-voiced Thom Yorke and searing guitarist Jonny Greenwood - might choose to play. From early hits such as "Creep," "High and Dry," "Fake Plastic Trees" and "Just" to more expansive, experimental works including "Paranoid Android," "Airbag," "Idioteque" and "Everything In Its Right Place" to newer anthemic and stripped-down rock from the albums "In Rainbows" and "The King of Limbs" - there's a mind-blowing range of styles to explore, plus remixes. The group could even break out new material it's been working on.
Tickets (price TBA and a limit of four per person) go on sale at 10 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 12 through Ticketmaster. Check out www.radiohead.com/tourdates for more info (and special presale tickets starting Wednesday).
Music in Miami
- Miami’s Nu Deco Ensemble reimagines classical music for modern listeners
- Review: Madonna brings a heartfelt, personal touch to her Miami concert
- Five things you didn’t know about Madonna
- Ball & Chain debuts live jazz broadcast on WDNA
- Review: Billy Joel rocks Sunrise into the New Year
- Lo mejor del cine alternativo
- Concert Review: Taylor Swift sizzles at AmericanAirlines Arena in Miami
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Taylor Swift
- 5 Things You Didn't Know About Ricky Martin
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis play Fillmore Miami Beach on Jan. 19