Radiohead in Miami
Iconic band opens U.S. tour at AmericanAirlines Arena
For those unenlightened souls wondering what all the fuss is over Radiohead - it's because they're so f-ing special. And the Grammy-winning British art-rock band is coming back to tour the States for the first time since 2008, kicking it all off in none other than the Magic City. Yes, Radiohead hits the AmericanAirlines Arena in downtown Miami on Feb. 27, 2012.
It's nearly impossible to predict what the band - led by the edgy yet angelic-voiced Thom Yorke and searing guitarist Jonny Greenwood - might choose to play. From early hits such as "Creep," "High and Dry," "Fake Plastic Trees" and "Just" to more expansive, experimental works including "Paranoid Android," "Airbag," "Idioteque" and "Everything In Its Right Place" to newer anthemic and stripped-down rock from the albums "In Rainbows" and "The King of Limbs" - there's a mind-blowing range of styles to explore, plus remixes. The group could even break out new material it's been working on.
Tickets (price TBA and a limit of four per person) go on sale at 10 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 12 through Ticketmaster. Check out www.radiohead.com/tourdates for more info (and special presale tickets starting Wednesday).
Music in Miami
- Space Welcomes Queen of Techno Nicole Moudaber on Saturday, June 6
- Rec Room Turns Up with DJ Craze Friday, May 15
- Win Tickets to See andhim at Treehouse on Thursday, May 14
- Rico Love Launches New Album at E11EVEN Wednesday, May 13
- Serge Devant Talks Club Culture in the U.S.
- Action Bronson Takes Tour to Grand Central on Friday, May 8
- Kölsch takes over Treehouse Friday, May 8
- Indie-rock heroes The Pixies reassemble to perform at SunFest
- Do Not Sit On the Furniture hosts Serge Devant April 24
- Samo Sound Boy celebrates album release at Bardot on May 2