Radio Pop-Up Cocktail Bar open on South Beach, offers affordable mixology
Listen Up: There’s a New Pop-Up Cocktail Bar in Town but only through February
Radio Pop-Up Bar
814 First St., Miami Beach; 305-397-8382
The pop-up craze continues, this time in the South of Fifth neighborhood. Just look for the giant radio tower on First Street and you’ll find your way into the hip living room space curated by a trifecta of nightlife gurus.
After years of hitting the club scene hard, Paolo Cardoso, Tatanka Guerrero, and Flip Falca are ready to lounge. They took over the Jeronimo’s space next to Milos for the winter and retrofitted it into a relaxed mixology bar geared to the wants and needs of other locals like them. Tune in while you can, because their signal is scheduled to go dead at the end of February.
Joshua Holliday, formerly of the Living Room at the W South Beach and Yardbird, is mixing up legit cocktails that will set you back $10 each night from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. Expect to find a new menu debut each Friday with drinks like the Thai Chile and Pineapple Caipirinha.
There’s also a solid beer list, including the Brooklyn IPA on draft for $6.
The décor is eclectic and straight from the homes of the partners: kitsch tropical accouterments, strings of lights (a must for any pop-up), mix-and-matched bar stools, antique armchairs, vintage books, a pool table, and paintings by N.Y. street artist Haculla.
The old school popcorn machine is also surprisingly quite the crowd pleaser.
Galena Mosovich is the lead writer for cocktail culture for Miami.com and The Miami Herald. Photos from Radio's Facebook page by Charlie Garca.
- db Bistro Moderne Serves Up Art You Can Drink
- Go Drink This: Aperol Spritz
- Woodchuck Transforms The Annex in Wynwood into a Big Top for Gumption Cider Launch
- Go Drink This: Banjan Groove
- New Patrón lets you step up your Cinco de Mayo game
- Go Drink This: Desert Rose
- Go Drink This: Blood Orange Mojito
- Go Drink This: Spicy Raspberry Collins
- Go Drink This: Gin & Tonic(s)
- Go Drink This: In the Air Tonight