Radio Pop-Up Cocktail Bar open on South Beach, offers affordable mixology
Listen Up: There’s a New Pop-Up Cocktail Bar in Town but only through February
The pop-up craze continues, this time in the South of Fifth neighborhood. Just look for the giant radio tower on First Street and you’ll find your way into the hip living room space curated by a trifecta of nightlife gurus.
After years of hitting the club scene hard, Paolo Cardoso, Tatanka Guerrero, and Flip Falca are ready to lounge. They took over the Jeronimo’s space next to Milos for the winter and retrofitted it into a relaxed mixology bar geared to the wants and needs of other locals like them. Tune in while you can, because their signal is scheduled to go dead at the end of February.
Joshua Holliday, formerly of the Living Room at the W South Beach and Yardbird, is mixing up legit cocktails that will set you back $10 each night from 8 p.m. to 5 a.m. Expect to find a new menu debut each Friday with drinks like the Thai Chile and Pineapple Caipirinha.
There’s also a solid beer list, including the Brooklyn IPA on draft for $6.
The décor is eclectic and straight from the homes of the partners: kitsch tropical accouterments, strings of lights (a must for any pop-up), mix-and-matched bar stools, antique armchairs, vintage books, a pool table, and paintings by N.Y. street artist Haculla.
The old school popcorn machine is also surprisingly quite the crowd pleaser.
Galena Mosovich is the lead writer for cocktail culture for Miami.com and The Miami Herald. Photos from Radio's Facebook page by Charlie Garca.
Radio Pop-Up Bar
814 First St., Miami Beach; 305-397-8382
- 10 spring-inspired cocktails that will knock your socks off
- Bazi to launch new Shanghai Nights menu every Sunday
- The Raleigh hosts cocktail competition featuring The Famous Grouse
- Go Drink This: Tropical Hot Tea Toddy
- Mixologist Carlos Morales digs into the state of cocktail culture in Miami
- Go Drink This: Proper Rum and Coke
- Date night? Try Lique Miami
- Go Drink This: Evergreen Eggnog
- Dinner Lab returns to Miami December 18
- Go Drink This: The five best Miami cocktails of 2015