Stick-straight hair is still in, and keratin is one of the most buzzed about (good and bad) beauty procedures of the moment. But it’s pricey — and stinky. Good thing John Frieda has come out with a safe, innocuous-smelling alternative called Frizz-Ease 3-Day Straight Semi-Permanent Styling Spray, and there’s no need for a mask when you spritz it on. This Allure-approved product, just $9.99, is a perfect accompaniment to a flatiron because it’s heat activated. And compared to $300 for a keratin treatment, this is worth a try. At drugstores.
Feeling washed out? Kiehl’s has a nifty new product for spring: Rosa Arctica Youth Regenerating Cream. And this sounds promising. The super-rich formula works hard to reactivate tired, sun-parched skin with a flower, Haberlea rhodopensis, found on the Rhodopes Mountain Range in Bulgaria. This biological wonder (a hit with Julianne Moore) has the capability to minimize water loss for up to 31 months as a survival strategy. Then the plant can resume normal growth with only a few drops of moisture. Call it giving your face a wakeup call. Bonus: Unlike, say, fellow hard worker La Mer, it’s only $60 at Kiehl’s stores now.
Celeb doc Michael Hall has created what he calls “hospital in a suitcase.’’ A favorite among such hip-hop stars as Drake (who bought one for his tour bus), the Hall MEDpac contains live-saving medical equipment designed to provide on-site treatment during a medical emergency. There are meds, bandages, ointments, an oxygen defibrillator, satellite phone and GPS locator. This jazzed up first aid kit costs $2,500-$10,000. Charlie Sheen, are you listening? Hall Longevity Clinic, 305-672-4733.
On Our Radar
- Celebrity doctor's Grove home sells
- Miami teen hits the big time
- Inside details of Sofia Vergara's wedding
- DWTS cast members will present SWAY: A Dance Trilogy at Olympia Theater
- Trey Songz and friends spend the day giving back.
- Recap: Miami.com Experience - Pop-Up Dinner at Bocce with Sugarcane
- Tiger Woods' ex holds dinner in Palm Beach
- Jamaican pop star OMI at club opening
- Miami's (wannabe) adopted son David Beckham is 'Sexiest Man'
- Influence Miami at Bakehouse Art Complex