Stick-straight hair is still in, and keratin is one of the most buzzed about (good and bad) beauty procedures of the moment. But it’s pricey — and stinky. Good thing John Frieda has come out with a safe, innocuous-smelling alternative called Frizz-Ease 3-Day Straight Semi-Permanent Styling Spray, and there’s no need for a mask when you spritz it on. This Allure-approved product, just $9.99, is a perfect accompaniment to a flatiron because it’s heat activated. And compared to $300 for a keratin treatment, this is worth a try. At drugstores.
Feeling washed out? Kiehl’s has a nifty new product for spring: Rosa Arctica Youth Regenerating Cream. And this sounds promising. The super-rich formula works hard to reactivate tired, sun-parched skin with a flower, Haberlea rhodopensis, found on the Rhodopes Mountain Range in Bulgaria. This biological wonder (a hit with Julianne Moore) has the capability to minimize water loss for up to 31 months as a survival strategy. Then the plant can resume normal growth with only a few drops of moisture. Call it giving your face a wakeup call. Bonus: Unlike, say, fellow hard worker La Mer, it’s only $60 at Kiehl’s stores now.
Celeb doc Michael Hall has created what he calls “hospital in a suitcase.’’ A favorite among such hip-hop stars as Drake (who bought one for his tour bus), the Hall MEDpac contains live-saving medical equipment designed to provide on-site treatment during a medical emergency. There are meds, bandages, ointments, an oxygen defibrillator, satellite phone and GPS locator. This jazzed up first aid kit costs $2,500-$10,000. Charlie Sheen, are you listening? Hall Longevity Clinic, 305-672-4733.
On Our Radar
- Draya Michele debuts Mint Swim collection in Miami, shows off curves at the beach
- What Adrienne Bailon wears to the beach
- Carlos Ponce: I would never run for president
- Emma Roberts: I need to visit Miami more often
- Pitbull makes Miami look good in 'Sexy Beaches' video
- 7 cool booths to visit at Agenda Miami
- 5 ways Colombians in Miami celebrated their independence day
- 5 Things We Loved at Premios Juventud
- You'll Never Guess Where 'The Rock' Calls his Favorite Place to Eat in Miami
- How to keep getting Miami.com on Facebook