Racy soap hitting the airwaves
Sex and drugs and rock n roll
Looking for racy entertain- ment? Steer away from Jersey Shore and tune into Niñas Mal, airing Monday January 17th,on Tr3s: MTV, Musica y Mas. The sudser -- yes, it has English subtitles! -- is based on a 2007 movie following three teen rebels at a girl's charm school. Niñas Mal already aired in Latin America and was pretty hot stuff. It promises to be hot stuff here too, dealing with themes like pregnancy, drugs and losing one's virginity. We talked to two of the stars Carmen Aub, 21, and Isabel Burr, 22.
The Mexican natives were in town to chat about the show.
Tell us about your characters:
IB: I play Adela, who grew up feeling very lonely, basically by herself. Her mother died very young and her father is a very famous politician. She started acting very rebelliously -- anything to get his attention, crazy stuff to freak him out. She has no fear and never accepts no for an answer. But I have a huge heart.
CA: My character Greta grew up in a wealthy family who was worried about what everyone thinks. She was living in a bubble. Now that she's in the school for ladies everything she thought was right is wrong. She has all this internal conflict because she wants to find herself. It's a very confused, bipolar character.
Is there a lot of drama?
CA: Definitely. Destiny put these girls together in a house and their different personali- ties cause a lot of conflict. Everyone has a different back- ground.
How is this show different from other telenovelas? IB: It's pretty sexy. There are a few fantasy scenes when I had to take my top off but it was important to show my transformation into a woman.
On Our Radar
- South Florida's Johnny Depp in divorce drama
- 5 Colombian locations in Miami that Seleccion Colombia should visit
- Did your name make the list of names for the 2016 Hurricane Season?
- Blac Chyna slams body shamers
- Tracy Morgan: I feel good
- How to Do Miami Like These 9 Celebs
- Brett Ratner back home in Miami Beach
- Dance pop singer Erika Jayne performing in Wynwood
- Olivia Palermo debuts summer fashion line in Miami
- The Kardashians raise eyebrows in Cuba