RA Sushi Happy Hour
Enjoy great deals on beer, sake, cocktails and half-price sushi rolls from 3-7 p.m.
The vibe: Step inside RA Sushi in South Miami and you’re in for an after-work treat. Usually crammed with University of Miami students and a business-casual after work crowd, RA is a great spot to enjoy rolled sushi and cold brews while sitting on the comfy red bar seats. Expect to hear contemporary hits such as Green Day with a side of Gorillaz. Does your after-work happen on weekends? No problem. RA Sushi offers deals on Saturdays and Sundays as well.
The deals: Happy hour is from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. Monday through Saturday. Sushi and appetizers on the Happy Hour menu are half-off (California Roll sets you back $3.25 and the signature Crispy Spicy Tuna costs a mere $4.88). Drink specials range from $1 to $6, and include Budweiser and Miller Lite for $3, $1 sake and a wide variety of specialty cocktails to choose from. On Sundays, step into the “Flying Fish Lounge” from 8 p.m. to midnight and enjoy the same deals.
The scene: Come as you are. We spotted some dates perched at the bar wearing their weekday best, but jeans, sneakers and flip flops are all right as long as you keep it clean and pressed.
5829 SW 73rd St., Miami
(across from The Shops at Sunset Place)
- Make this cocktail: Sushi Garage's Lychee Mule
- Sip & Savor: mezcal for days at Clandestino Pub
- Sip & Savor: garden-to-glass cocktails waterfront at American Social Brickell
- 5 cocktails inspired by Mother's Day
- Sip & Savor: Cocktails in refined, laid-back space at beach's Sweet Liberty
- 10 spring-inspired cocktails that will knock your socks off
- Bazi to launch new Shanghai Nights menu every Sunday
- The Raleigh hosts cocktail competition featuring The Famous Grouse
- Go Drink This: Tropical Hot Tea Toddy
- Mixologist Carlos Morales digs into the state of cocktail culture in Miami