R House Food + Art + Music opening in Wynwood
Food, booze, art, music--where else?--in Wynwood
Back in the day, when the Design District was still sketchy, but much sketchier than it is today, there was a place called Power Studios, a restaurant cum art gallery that was quite ahead of its time (and owned by the same folks as Mango's of all places). The space, in fact, across from the Cypress Room, is still empty, but for the ghosts of halycon days past. In a similar vein--and vain--is R House, a casual, fine dining restaurant serving "a contemporary and eclectic mix of modern American dishes with Mediterranean, Asian and Latin twists." Chef/owner Rocco Carulli--the "R" in R House--is the former owner of Provincetown, Mass. restaurant Edwige at Night. The place will also have live music. And art. Did we mention the art? You can't have a place without art in Wynwood, right? No menu is available yet or an opening date, but a mural of sorts is happening on the building during Art Basel, so we wouldn't be surprised if it opens soon.
- Sriracha House slings heat in South Beach
- David's Cafe on Collins closing after 37 years
- Blackbrick Brings on the Brunch
- Pubbelly introduces PB Fish, a seafood pop-up at PB Steak starting April 8
- AQ by Acqualina, featuring Dewey LoSasso & Hiro's Yakko San
- Mansion morphing into "Miami-style country western line dancing" club with Blue Collar's Danny Serfer serving "large plates"
- Las Olas hot spot American Social opening in ex Waxy O'Connor's space
- Allen Susser's Daily Melt grilling the cheese up in Fort Lauderdale on April 1
- Brewery Ommegang's HopChef competition heads to Miami in April
- Nina Compton cooks at Swine Southern Table & Bar on April 24