R House Food + Art + Music opening in Wynwood
Food, booze, art, music--where else?--in Wynwood
Back in the day, when the Design District was still sketchy, but much sketchier than it is today, there was a place called Power Studios, a restaurant cum art gallery that was quite ahead of its time (and owned by the same folks as Mango's of all places). The space, in fact, across from the Cypress Room, is still empty, but for the ghosts of halycon days past. In a similar vein--and vain--is R House, a casual, fine dining restaurant serving "a contemporary and eclectic mix of modern American dishes with Mediterranean, Asian and Latin twists." Chef/owner Rocco Carulli--the "R" in R House--is the former owner of Provincetown, Mass. restaurant Edwige at Night. The place will also have live music. And art. Did we mention the art? You can't have a place without art in Wynwood, right? No menu is available yet or an opening date, but a mural of sorts is happening on the building during Art Basel, so we wouldn't be surprised if it opens soon.
- High end Kaori by Walter Martino opening in Brickell area February 23
- Juvia's Japanese sibling Sushi Garage opens in Miami's Sunset Harbor 'hood
- Now open: Coconut Grove's Spasso--"Simple, honest, brutal food"
- Food Network UK star Andy Bates brings "refined British pub food" to A&E District with 3-day pop up
- Blair Wilson, Mike Isabella, Jennifer Carroll, George Pagnois headline Surfcomber food fest
- The Bridge Cocktail Bar's December takeover of The Local Craft Food & Drink
- Kevin Cory transforms NAOE sibling into N Shabu Shabu
- Alinea in Residence comes to Miami: Chef Grant Achatz to pop up at Faena Miami Beach
- Former Miami restaurant owner Joshua Woodward pleaded no contest Friday to attempted murder for trying to induce a miscarriage
- Jose Garces planning Miami restaurant