R House Food + Art + Music opening in Wynwood
Food, booze, art, music--where else?--in Wynwood
Back in the day, when the Design District was still sketchy, but much sketchier than it is today, there was a place called Power Studios, a restaurant cum art gallery that was quite ahead of its time (and owned by the same folks as Mango's of all places). The space, in fact, across from the Cypress Room, is still empty, but for the ghosts of halycon days past. In a similar vein--and vain--is R House, a casual, fine dining restaurant serving "a contemporary and eclectic mix of modern American dishes with Mediterranean, Asian and Latin twists." Chef/owner Rocco Carulli--the "R" in R House--is the former owner of Provincetown, Mass. restaurant Edwige at Night. The place will also have live music. And art. Did we mention the art? You can't have a place without art in Wynwood, right? No menu is available yet or an opening date, but a mural of sorts is happening on the building during Art Basel, so we wouldn't be surprised if it opens soon.
2727 NW 2nd Ave.
- New at Townhouse: K Ramen. Burger. Beer. Plus rooftop "destination" The Cape
- COYO Taco's Scott Linquist opens OLLA Nov. 28 on Lincoln Road
- Bazaar Mar by José Andrés at SLS Brickell open for biz Nov. 22
- My Ceviche opening 6th outpost later this month at The Shops at Midtown
- Is Jack Nicholson an investor in a soon-to-open Miami restaurant?
- Michael Schwartz's Fi'lia opens in Brickell next week
- Brazil's 24/7 French bistro Paris 6 opening October 24 on Miami Beach
- Mignonette opening second location in ex-Gourmet Diner space on Biscayne
- Ferran Adrià, Jorge Muñoz, Aaron Mulliss & Nick Beardshaw in Miami for Estrella Damm Gastronomy Congress
- Soyka's second act: Miami restaurateur to open first restaurant in 15 years