"Treasures of the Hard Rock" features memorabilia from music legends
Have a look at memorabilia from music legends like Elvis Presley, John Lennon, Bob Marley, Kurt Cobain and many others at "Treasures of the Hard Rock," in South Florida for a limited time.
"Treasures of the Hard Rock"
Tuesday through May 27 at the Hard Rock Café Miami, 401 Biscayne Blvd., Rm. 200, Miami
June 3-10 at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, 1 Seminole Way, near Hollywood.
For more info, visit www.hardrock.com.
If your love of music transcends simply listening to legends’ sonic masterpieces, you won’t want to miss “Treasures of the Hard Rock,” a traveling memorabilia exhibit featuring iconic items from the likes of Elvis Presley, John Lennon, Bob Marley, Kurt Cobain and many others.
The show pulls rock treasures from two collections from the Hard Rock’s vault: “Gone Too Soon,” which pays tribute to musicians whose lives and careers were cut tragically short; and “Music Gives Back – Rock ‘N Roll Philanthropy,” which focuses on artists who have worked with the Hard Rock brand on various charitable campaigns throughout its more than 40 years.
Highlights include an 8th-grade yearbook from Kurt Cobain, Elvis Presley’s custom-made karate training uniform, the Guild 12-string acoustic guitar Bob Marley used to record “Is This Love,” an outfit worn by Lisa “Left Eye” Lopes during TLC’s “CrazySexyCool” tour, Elton John’s sequined “Uncle Sam” outfit, a purple silk shirt worn onstage by Jimi Hendrix, and, perhaps most famous of all, John Lennon’s trademark round glasses.
Additional memorabilia from The Who’s drummer Keith Moon, blues-rock guitarist Stevie Ray Vaughan, The Doors’ singer Jim Morrison, U2 frontman Bono and Americana rock legend Bruce Springsteen complete the collection, chosen from more than 77,000 items by Jeff Nolan, Hard Rock historian and tour curator.
You’ve got two chances to see this unique part of music history first-hand: from Tuesday through May 27 at the Hard Rock Café Miami, 401 Biscayne Blvd., Rm. 200, Miami; and from June 3-10 at the Seminole Hard Rock Hotel and Casino, 1 Seminole Way, near Hollywood. For more info, visit www.hardrock.com.
- Review: Steam Miami boils with curiosity, but simmers at points
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - August 15 - 17
- Go Drink This: Katsuya Fresh at Katsuya South Beach
- Velvet Underground: Cheers to one year of local brews at Wynwood Brewing Company and all-you-can-eat tacos at Toro Toro
- #HowToMiami – Mojito
- All Hail the Cocktail: trends migrate to Miami from Tales of the Cocktail
- Go Drink This: The Alluring Gem
- Miami is on fire this summer with bar, brewery, lounge and nightclub openings, plus big plans for hotel nightlife
- Former Vagabond space in downtown Miami to open as 'Steam,' an interactive theatrical nightclub, alongside a speakeasy bar and outdoor concert space
- Brickell's first pop-up cocktail bar 'Better Days' opens in an incognito space