Shlomo Carlebach comes to life in "Soul Doctor," a musical about his life that debuts at the Colony Theater in Miami Beach.
The life of the beloved and controversial father of popular Jewish music, Shlomo Carlebach, is woven together in “Soul Doctor,” a new Broadway-bound musical orchestrated by Steve Margoshes, composer of Broadway hits like “The WHO’s Tommy” and “Smokey Joe’s Cafe.” The story takes us on a musical odyssey through the life and meteoric rise of the man who become known as the “Rock Star Rabbi.”
The first show is at 2 p.m. on Dec. 25 at the Colony Theater (1040 Lincoln Road, Miami Beach) and the musical runs through Jan. 8 . Tickets $40-$125 at TicketMaster.com.
See and Do
- Latest touring version of the Tony-winning musical 'Book of Mormon' is a delight
- 'Peppa Pig’ makes a splash with live shows in South Florida
- Shakespeare Miami presents its Shakespeare in the Park series
- Momix will perform and teach a master class at Broward Center
- ‘Newsies’ dances its way back to South Florida with a charming leading man
- Zoetic Stage’s ‘Stripped’ comes to colorful life at the Arsht Center
- Top 10 theater events in South Florida for 2015-16
- Top 10 dance events in South Florida for 2015-16
- Mad Cat’s ‘Lazy Fair’ at Miami Theater Center reunites partners in crime
- Nilo Cruz offers a Spanish-language production of his play ‘Beauty of the Father'