Shlomo Carlebach comes to life in "Soul Doctor," a musical about his life that debuts at the Colony Theater in Miami Beach.
The life of the beloved and controversial father of popular Jewish music, Shlomo Carlebach, is woven together in “Soul Doctor,” a new Broadway-bound musical orchestrated by Steve Margoshes, composer of Broadway hits like “The WHO’s Tommy” and “Smokey Joe’s Cafe.” The story takes us on a musical odyssey through the life and meteoric rise of the man who become known as the “Rock Star Rabbi.”
The first show is at 2 p.m. on Dec. 25 at the Colony Theater (1040 Lincoln Road, Miami Beach) and the musical runs through Jan. 8 . Tickets $40-$125 at TicketMaster.com.
See and Do
- Dennis Watkins brings magic back to the Arsht in ‘The Magnificents’
- South Beach Comedy Festival celebrates a decade of jokes
- ‘Pippin’ works its razzle-dazzle magic at the Broward Center
- Billy Porter plays Colony Theater this weekend
- ‘Newsies’ brings its dancing David and Goliath story to the Arsht
- ‘Book of Mormon’ walks its fine line, this time at the Arsht Center
- Broward presents a revamped 'Phantom of the Opera'
- Alliance Theatre Lab’s 'The Originals' presents solo shows
- FUNDarte’s ‘Writing in Sand’ looks at Miami’s migrant women
- Hard times hit the American Dream in Zoetic Stage’s ‘Detroit’