Shlomo Carlebach comes to life in "Soul Doctor," a musical about his life that debuts at the Colony Theater in Miami Beach.
The life of the beloved and controversial father of popular Jewish music, Shlomo Carlebach, is woven together in “Soul Doctor,” a new Broadway-bound musical orchestrated by Steve Margoshes, composer of Broadway hits like “The WHO’s Tommy” and “Smokey Joe’s Cafe.” The story takes us on a musical odyssey through the life and meteoric rise of the man who become known as the “Rock Star Rabbi.”
The first show is at 2 p.m. on Dec. 25 at the Colony Theater (1040 Lincoln Road, Miami Beach) and the musical runs through Jan. 8 . Tickets $40-$125 at TicketMaster.com.
See and Do
- Broward presents a revamped 'Phantom of the Opera'
- Alliance Theatre Lab’s 'The Originals' presents solo shows
- FUNDarte’s ‘Writing in Sand’ looks at Miami’s migrant women
- Hard times hit the American Dream in Zoetic Stage’s ‘Detroit’
- Chile’s Teatro en el Blanco comes to the OnStage Black Box
- ‘Cinderella’ at the Arsht Center: a delightful makeover
- Playwright Vanessa Garcia tackles identity in exile in her new play 'The Cuban Spring'
- Gay past meets present in GableStage’s ‘Mothers and Sons’
- Seaon of the Arts: Top theater events of 2014-15
- Pigs Do Fly's 'Fifty Plus: A New Attitude' at Empire Stage brings a new batch of short plays