Shlomo Carlebach comes to life in "Soul Doctor," a musical about his life that debuts at the Colony Theater in Miami Beach.
The life of the beloved and controversial father of popular Jewish music, Shlomo Carlebach, is woven together in “Soul Doctor,” a new Broadway-bound musical orchestrated by Steve Margoshes, composer of Broadway hits like “The WHO’s Tommy” and “Smokey Joe’s Cafe.” The story takes us on a musical odyssey through the life and meteoric rise of the man who become known as the “Rock Star Rabbi.”
The first show is at 2 p.m. on Dec. 25 at the Colony Theater (1040 Lincoln Road, Miami Beach) and the musical runs through Jan. 8 . Tickets $40-$125 at TicketMaster.com.
See and Do
- Arsht Center’s big summer show, ‘Lookingglass Alice,’ has as many layers as the surreal, classic tale
- Miami’s XXX International Hispanic Theatre Fest celebrates Brazilian theater
- ‘Book of Liz’ brings Sedaris humor to Fort Lauderdale’s Vanguard
- MicroTheater Miami’s first festival is $5 a show
- Slow Burn shows off a musical green thumb with ‘Little Shop of Horrors’
- Summer Shorts turns 20 with 9 plays and its most diverse company yet
- ‘Newsies’ brings its dancing David and Goliath story to the Arsht
- ‘Book of Mormon’ walks its fine line, this time at the Arsht Center
- Broward presents a revamped 'Phantom of the Opera'
- Alliance Theatre Lab’s 'The Originals' presents solo shows