Shlomo Carlebach comes to life in "Soul Doctor," a musical about his life that debuts at the Colony Theater in Miami Beach.
The life of the beloved and controversial father of popular Jewish music, Shlomo Carlebach, is woven together in “Soul Doctor,” a new Broadway-bound musical orchestrated by Steve Margoshes, composer of Broadway hits like “The WHO’s Tommy” and “Smokey Joe’s Cafe.” The story takes us on a musical odyssey through the life and meteoric rise of the man who become known as the “Rock Star Rabbi.”
The first show is at 2 p.m. on Dec. 25 at the Colony Theater (1040 Lincoln Road, Miami Beach) and the musical runs through Jan. 8 . Tickets $40-$125 at TicketMaster.com.
See and Do
- 'Priscilla Queen of the Desert' makes a pit stop in Miami
- Bio-musical ‘Fela’ gets crowd onto its feet at Arsht Center
- ‘Brothers Beckett’ gets a showcase at the Arsht
- ‘In the Heights’ takes on the flavors of Miami
- ‘Flashdance’ scores strongest on style and moves
- ‘Flashdance the Musical’ makes a splash at the Broward Center
- ‘Les Miz’ brings its operatic style to the Arsht
- Cirque du Soleil's ‘Totem’
- Zach Braff's ‘All New People’ debuts at Arsht Center
- ‘Cat Lady'