For a quick bite, Char-Hut is reliable
It’s easy to shop till you drop on Black Friday – or any day during the holiday season – so we like the convenience of Davie’s Char-Hut, with indoor and drive-through...
It’s easy to shop till you drop on Black Friday – or any day during the holiday season – so we like the convenience of Davie’s Char-Hut, with indoor and drive-through service and a focus on quality that’s made it a hit since 1976. With four Broward locations, Char-Hut is a good bet for a quick meal as we crisscross the county.
The char-grilled burger is cooked to order in front of you. The counter folks will add as many of the 18 toppings that you want (cooked mushrooms, raw or cooked onions, peppers and relish are among the choices). Then you pick a roll – regular, wheat or poppy Kaiser, pita or a plain hamburger bun for junior. The cheeseburger comes with a Swiss-American blend.
Other good picks include grilled chicken, palomilla steak and gyro on a pita. We thought the barbecue sauce with the new chicken sandwich was a little too sweet. Pair with sides like house-made onion rings or, for $1 extra on the combo meal, a plump baked sweet potato.
We decided a killer shake (at the Davie branch) was what we needed before braving the mall, but if your prefer something stronger, the Sunrise site serves beer.
- Gimme A Burger's burgers will have you saying, 'Gimme'
- Brew in Miami: Michael Schwartz's Home Brew turns 2
- Miami Spice Report Cards: Grading the Restaurants, Part 2
- The Miami Spice List: 10 Best Lunch Restaurants
- 3 stars for NIU Kitchen's modern accent on Spanish tapas
- Holy guacamole: Cantina La Veinte pushes upmarket Mexican food in Miami
- Brickell and Miami's Design District are getting new Italian restaurants
- Las Olas gets a new Italian restaurant
- What Craft Beer Style Are You?
- Sip with the experts at La Cave d'Azur's weekly wine tasting