For a quick bite, Char-Hut is reliable
It’s easy to shop till you drop on Black Friday – or any day during the holiday season – so we like the convenience of Davie’s Char-Hut, with indoor and drive-through...
It’s easy to shop till you drop on Black Friday – or any day during the holiday season – so we like the convenience of Davie’s Char-Hut, with indoor and drive-through service and a focus on quality that’s made it a hit since 1976. With four Broward locations, Char-Hut is a good bet for a quick meal as we crisscross the county.
The char-grilled burger is cooked to order in front of you. The counter folks will add as many of the 18 toppings that you want (cooked mushrooms, raw or cooked onions, peppers and relish are among the choices). Then you pick a roll – regular, wheat or poppy Kaiser, pita or a plain hamburger bun for junior. The cheeseburger comes with a Swiss-American blend.
Other good picks include grilled chicken, palomilla steak and gyro on a pita. We thought the barbecue sauce with the new chicken sandwich was a little too sweet. Pair with sides like house-made onion rings or, for $1 extra on the combo meal, a plump baked sweet potato.
We decided a killer shake (at the Davie branch) was what we needed before braving the mall, but if your prefer something stronger, the Sunrise site serves beer.
- A peek at the new Bulla Gastrobar in Doral
- 5 reasons to check out PB Station
- Learn to grill from an Argentine master
- Smooshies candy store opens in Key Biscayne
- The Five Best Pork (and Lamb) Chops You Can Only Eat In Miami
- Comfort-food goodness oozes from the Daily Melt in Miami
- Edible art is enticing at Perez Art Museum Miami's Verde
- Zak the Baker's new bakery rises in Wynwood
- These six Italian restaurants have the perfect combination of food and hospitality
- Chefs Aaron Brooks, Dena Marino and Jose Mendin collaborate on a one-night only dinner at Four SeasonsOrlando