For a quick bite, Char-Hut is reliable
It’s easy to shop till you drop on Black Friday – or any day during the holiday season – so we like the convenience of Davie’s Char-Hut, with indoor and drive-through...
It’s easy to shop till you drop on Black Friday – or any day during the holiday season – so we like the convenience of Davie’s Char-Hut, with indoor and drive-through service and a focus on quality that’s made it a hit since 1976. With four Broward locations, Char-Hut is a good bet for a quick meal as we crisscross the county.
The char-grilled burger is cooked to order in front of you. The counter folks will add as many of the 18 toppings that you want (cooked mushrooms, raw or cooked onions, peppers and relish are among the choices). Then you pick a roll – regular, wheat or poppy Kaiser, pita or a plain hamburger bun for junior. The cheeseburger comes with a Swiss-American blend.
Other good picks include grilled chicken, palomilla steak and gyro on a pita. We thought the barbecue sauce with the new chicken sandwich was a little too sweet. Pair with sides like house-made onion rings or, for $1 extra on the combo meal, a plump baked sweet potato.
We decided a killer shake (at the Davie branch) was what we needed before braving the mall, but if your prefer something stronger, the Sunrise site serves beer.
- Celebrate Villa Azur's second anniversary March 8
- Paula DaSilva hosts a three-month "Spring Awakening" brunch series at 3030 Ocean
- SAIA celebrates National Noodle Month with 25% off pad Thai shrimp
- Buns & Buns serves up bread-based dishes with gastropub leanings in South Miami
- Les Dames d’Escoffier host annual brunch March 9
- Cafe Prima Pasta carb loads for National Ravioli Day March 20
- Miami's La Tour Eiffel bistro transports you to Paris
- 2.5 stars for Big Fish on Miami's Upper East Side
- Chocolate, cigars, craft beer & "fine food" take over Pinecrest Gardens March 8-9
- Earl's Kitchen + Bar opens in Dadeland March 12