Quarterdeck duo to open casual, waterfront Beach Bar @ Newport Pier
Food and drinks with a view
Sunny Isles Beach
As strange as it is, waterfront restaurants in Miami are few and far between, so the addition of a brand new one, Beach Bar @ Newport Pier in Sunny Isles Beach is kind of exciting, not to mention novel. On the menu: hand-selected sushi and sashimi cut daily by Chef Mike Jin, a 25-year sushi veteran, a fully stocked oyster bar and classic American favorites of seafood and USDA prime steaks. The restaurant is expected to open within a month or so. The restaurant is a partnership between The Newport Group, which operates the Newport Beachside Hotel & Resort and Kitchen 305, and Paul Flanigan and Frank Zaffere, owners of five Quarterdeck Seafood Bar & Neighborhood Grills across South Florida and Dive Bar Restaurant in Jupiter.
“Known as the American Riviera, Sunny Isles Beach is ranked as TripAdvisor’s number one US destination so it made perfect sense for the Newport Group to expand its portfolio with an original dining concept on the historic pier in a city with few waterfront restaurants,” said Steven Hurowitz, President of the Newport Group. “With the expertise of successful restaurateurs Paul Flanigan and Frank Zaffere, we designed The Beach Bar @ Newport Pier to be a unique restaurant experience with spectacular views of the Atlantic Ocean catering to everyone from the suit and tie power lunch set, to the couple looking for a romantic setting to dine or an alternative for the South Beach crowd to sip and socialize on the sea.”
- Former Miami restaurant owner Joshua Woodward pleaded no contest Friday to attempted murder for trying to induce a miscarriage
- Jose Garces planning Miami restaurant
- Update: CANCELED Brooklyn's Pies 'n' Thighs pops up at the Mondrian
- Restaurant Michael Schwartz is out at the Raleigh Hotel on South Beach
- Raleigh on the sale rack and Restaurant Michael Schwartz out?
- Luther Campbell hosts dinner party at Mignonette on November 11
- Chef Jeremiah & Roel Alcudia team up on gastroDobo, a 1-night Filipino pop-up in Wynwood
- GK Bistronomie bringing 'globally inspired Peruvian' cuisine to Wynwood
- Habit Burger opens in Miami, donates first-week proceeds to charity
- 'Chopped' champ Mathias Gervais opening modern Asian restaurant at The Setai