Putting on a 'Fashion Show'
Eduardo de las Casas struts his stuff
More designers are sharpening their sewing needles to create sartorial masterpieces in The Fashion Show: Ultimate Collection, premiering 10 p.m. Tuesday on Bravo. One of the 12 happens to be a talented local … Peru-born Eduardo de las Casas, 41.
Among the pros judging his work: supermodel Iman (replacing last season's Kelly Rowland) and designer Isaac Mizrahi.
The men and women will be split up into two teams. Each "fashion house'' must create a collection and runway show every week to vie for the $125,000 prize.
We checked in with de las Casas, a graduate of the Art Institute of Fort Lauderdale, now based in Wilton Manors.
What did you get out of the experience?
I met amazing people and learned a lot about myself. I did things that I never thought I could … like make a dress in just a few hours.
Did everyone get along?
When you put 12 designers together who have never met, of course there is going to be drama and fighting.
What was Iman like?
She's so beautiful; even more stunning in person.
Who is your inspiration?
Alexander McQueen … I think he was more fashion forward than anyone. His pieces were amazing.
What is your signature style?
I like to create elegant, sexy sophisticated garments and usually put a dramatic flair and combine different materials like feathers, stones and beads.'
Who wears your collection?
Women who want to be the center of attention. I love for women to feel great about themselves.
On Our Radar
- Cadillac V-series Challenge puts pro golfers, VIPs on the fast track at Homestead-Miami Speedway
- Oprah's Fisher Island home sells again
- Shirley MacLaine to appear at Miami International Film Fest
- Beckhams won't move into Versace mansion
- Celeb spotting: Prime 112 sees a lot of action
- Emilio Estefan movie to have world premiere
- Kim Kardashian's ex husband sells home
- Boca Raton sixth-grader has dog shampoo in Oscars bag
- Chef Fabio Viviani shows off kitchen skills
- Top Chef judge Tom Colicchio at restaurant site