The Purge: Breakout is an immersive horror escape experience
Based on the movie
Do you want to see something really scary?
Head to Wynwood this weekend and enter the The Purge: Breakout.
Based on the horror movie of the same name (the sequel, The Purge: Anarchy, is out next month), it's part terrible labyrinth, part serial killer's lair.
Located in the Wynwood Parking Lot on NW 23rd St., the immersive experience takes places in a large trailer decked out to resemble Hannibal Lecter's vacation home, complete with dismembered bodies, a toilet that looks like it hasn't been cleaned since the 20th century and in-house kidnap victim.
Guests have a half hour to solve puzzles and figure out clues to break out and survive the fictional Purge, a government mandated 12 hour period when all citizens have the right to kill at will.
The sequel's star, Frank Grillo, who was on site for the launch Thursday, thinks he knows the reason people would pay $20 to be tortured in this way: "Human beings, we like to be scared. Because when that feeling is over we can feel safe again."
For tickets to the event that goes through midnight Sunday: www.thepurgebreakout.com
On Our Radar
- Wilmer Valderrama in Miami
- Vanilla Ice headed to the Design District?
- Thrive Seminar, Nelson Foundation will award local entrepreneur $10,000 on Thursday on Miami Beach
- Comedian Jo Koy at Magic City Casino
- Want to get gorgeous fast? Glamsquad is one solution
- Puff Daddy and pals to take stage at Fontainebleau
- Miami Marlins star Giancarlo Stanton single & looking
- Brandon Flowers cancels Fillmore concert
- Zac Efron makes surprise visit to Regal, spins at Grand Central
- Ice Cube and co in town for 'Straight Outta Compton'