Pulse 2.0 at the New World Symphony
New World Symphony classes up Miami Beach's music scene this Friday with its Pulse series, a fusion of classical and dance music.
Pulse: Late Night at New World Symphony
Friday, March 22 at 9:30 p.m.; VIP reception at 8 p.m.
New World Center, 500 17th St., Miami Beach
Free admission to Friends of NWS members. Non-members $25 single tickets.
As Winter Music Conference gets Miami Beach heated up with the pulse of electronic dance music, the New World Symphony gets in on the action with the next installment of its popular Pulse series, a fusion of classical and dance music that turns the New World Center into a high-energy nightclub.
DJ Sean Drake will spin dance music between two sets of classical music featuring works by Mozart, Shostakovich, Guillaume Connesson and Steve Reich. The night concludes with DJ Drake’s last set—a dance party in the main performance hall. The show also includes "Pulse Unplugged," a 15-minute set of orchestral music in the style of MTV’s Unplugged series, in which Fellows will perform a few of the ensemble pieces without amplification in the SunTrust Pavilion, which takes place following the second orchestral set. Pulse 2.0 will also count on the vocal stylings of mezzo-soprano Irene Roberts.
See and Do
- Shrek, Legos, Cinco de Mayo & Mother’s Day Treats: Munchkin Fun's Top picks May 4-10
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - May 1-3
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - May 1-3
- Pee Wee’s Big Adventure, Parachutes & Doktor Kaboom: Munchkin Fun's Top picks Apr 27 - May 3
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - April 24-26
- ‘MythBusters’ duo gets Miami audience involved in science hijinks
- Little Havana Visitor Center opens on Calle Ocho
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - April 24-26
- Festivals of Speed brings luxury to Museum Park
- Island City delivers the laughs and the bite in ‘Little Dog Laughed’