Pulse 2.0 at the New World Symphony
New World Symphony classes up Miami Beach's music scene this Friday with its Pulse series, a fusion of classical and dance music.
Pulse: Late Night at New World Symphony
Friday, March 22 at 9:30 p.m.; VIP reception at 8 p.m.
New World Center, 500 17th St., Miami Beach
Free admission to Friends of NWS members. Non-members $25 single tickets.
As Winter Music Conference gets Miami Beach heated up with the pulse of electronic dance music, the New World Symphony gets in on the action with the next installment of its popular Pulse series, a fusion of classical and dance music that turns the New World Center into a high-energy nightclub.
DJ Sean Drake will spin dance music between two sets of classical music featuring works by Mozart, Shostakovich, Guillaume Connesson and Steve Reich. The night concludes with DJ Drake’s last set—a dance party in the main performance hall. The show also includes "Pulse Unplugged," a 15-minute set of orchestral music in the style of MTV’s Unplugged series, in which Fellows will perform a few of the ensemble pieces without amplification in the SunTrust Pavilion, which takes place following the second orchestral set. Pulse 2.0 will also count on the vocal stylings of mezzo-soprano Irene Roberts.
See and Do
- Russian pianist plays Wynwood on Friday
- Third Thursdays at Perez Art Museum Miami brings music and drinks
- Memorial Day Weekend Events - 2015
- Haitian Book Fair to celebrate Caribbean culture for 3rd year
- Annie, Open Play & Freebie Fun: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks for Memorial Day Week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - May 15-17
- Haitian Compas Festival encores at Sun Life Stadium with System Band and many more
- Siempre Flamenco hosts Cafe Cantante at the South Miami-Dade Cultural Arts Center
- The Rhythm Foundation's Dance Band Night kicks off with The French Horn
- What if Works presents Chekhov's 'The Cherry Orchard'