Pulse 2.0 at the New World Symphony
New World Symphony classes up Miami Beach's music scene this Friday with its Pulse series, a fusion of classical and dance music.
As Winter Music Conference gets Miami Beach heated up with the pulse of electronic dance music, the New World Symphony gets in on the action with the next installment of its popular Pulse series, a fusion of classical and dance music that turns the New World Center into a high-energy nightclub.
DJ Sean Drake will spin dance music between two sets of classical music featuring works by Mozart, Shostakovich, Guillaume Connesson and Steve Reich. The night concludes with DJ Drake’s last set—a dance party in the main performance hall. The show also includes "Pulse Unplugged," a 15-minute set of orchestral music in the style of MTV’s Unplugged series, in which Fellows will perform a few of the ensemble pieces without amplification in the SunTrust Pavilion, which takes place following the second orchestral set. Pulse 2.0 will also count on the vocal stylings of mezzo-soprano Irene Roberts.
Pulse: Late Night at New World Symphony
Friday, March 22 at 9:30 p.m.; VIP reception at 8 p.m.
New World Center, 500 17th St., Miami Beach
Free admission to Friends of NWS members. Non-members $25 single tickets.
See and Do
- 5 kinds of guys you'll wind up meeting in Miami's dating scene
- So you think you can dance? Prove it on National Dance Day with the Miami City Ballet
- 7 things you must taste when in Miami
- 9 Instagram-Worthy Photo Opps in Miami
- 10 free and cheap events in Miami this weekend - July 22-24
- Things we discovered on a 74-mile car trip on the Tamiami Trail from Miami to Naples
- Finding craft beer at Miami sports venues
- 9 events you can't miss in Miami - August 2016
- 9 weird things you see in Miami
- Are these are the best places in Miami to propose to your loved one?