Pulse 2.0 at the New World Symphony
New World Symphony classes up Miami Beach's music scene this Friday with its Pulse series, a fusion of classical and dance music.
Pulse: Late Night at New World Symphony
Friday, March 22 at 9:30 p.m.; VIP reception at 8 p.m.
New World Center, 500 17th St., Miami Beach
Free admission to Friends of NWS members. Non-members $25 single tickets.
As Winter Music Conference gets Miami Beach heated up with the pulse of electronic dance music, the New World Symphony gets in on the action with the next installment of its popular Pulse series, a fusion of classical and dance music that turns the New World Center into a high-energy nightclub.
DJ Sean Drake will spin dance music between two sets of classical music featuring works by Mozart, Shostakovich, Guillaume Connesson and Steve Reich. The night concludes with DJ Drake’s last set—a dance party in the main performance hall. The show also includes "Pulse Unplugged," a 15-minute set of orchestral music in the style of MTV’s Unplugged series, in which Fellows will perform a few of the ensemble pieces without amplification in the SunTrust Pavilion, which takes place following the second orchestral set. Pulse 2.0 will also count on the vocal stylings of mezzo-soprano Irene Roberts.
See and Do
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Feb. 27-March 1
- South Beach Comedy Festival 2015 announces line-up
- Disney Live, Mommy’s Night Out, Food Trucks & Skating: Munchkin Fun's Top Picks Feb 23-29
- Things to Do in Miami this Weekend - Feb. 20-22
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Feb. 14-16
- President’s Day Weekend Guide 2015
- Things to do in Miami this weekend - Feb. 13-15
- Valentine’s Day events in Miami for sweeties, singles and families
- Cupid's Carnival, Pirates, Festivals & Freebie Fun: Top Picks: Feb 9-15
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Feb. 6-8