Pulse 2.0 at the New World Symphony
New World Symphony classes up Miami Beach's music scene this Friday with its Pulse series, a fusion of classical and dance music.
Pulse: Late Night at New World Symphony
Friday, March 22 at 9:30 p.m.; VIP reception at 8 p.m.
New World Center, 500 17th St., Miami Beach
Free admission to Friends of NWS members. Non-members $25 single tickets.
As Winter Music Conference gets Miami Beach heated up with the pulse of electronic dance music, the New World Symphony gets in on the action with the next installment of its popular Pulse series, a fusion of classical and dance music that turns the New World Center into a high-energy nightclub.
DJ Sean Drake will spin dance music between two sets of classical music featuring works by Mozart, Shostakovich, Guillaume Connesson and Steve Reich. The night concludes with DJ Drake’s last set—a dance party in the main performance hall. The show also includes "Pulse Unplugged," a 15-minute set of orchestral music in the style of MTV’s Unplugged series, in which Fellows will perform a few of the ensemble pieces without amplification in the SunTrust Pavilion, which takes place following the second orchestral set. Pulse 2.0 will also count on the vocal stylings of mezzo-soprano Irene Roberts.
See and Do
- King Arthur and his knights get goofy in ‘Monty Python’s Spamalot’
- ‘War Horse’ brings its imaginative, moving drama to Miami’s Arsht Center
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Mar. 7-9
- Calle Ocho: 5 Things we are excited about this year
- Daddy Yankee reigns as the King of Calle Ocho
- World Golf Championships-Cadillac Championship brings golf and more to Doral
- Fair freebies, 110 years of Dr Seuss, Lego builds & 10 other fun things to do this week
- Free and cheap things to do in Miami - Feb. 28-Mar. 2
- Carnaval on the Mile kicks off a busy month in Miami
- Whoopi Goldberg heads to the Arsht Center for a night of laughs